- Downlink. // Satellite Communications;Mar1998, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p14
Reports on DirecTV's construction of an expansion facility in Los Angeles, California.
- DirecTV fights subpoena, aids probe. Coleman, Price // Broadcasting & Cable;09/08/97, Vol. 127 Issue 37, p47
Reports that a number of state attorneys general in the United States are investigating DirecTV for possible consumer fraud and breach-of-contract issues. DirecTV's alteration of the programming lineup in is Total Choice package as the focus of the investigation; Implications of the...
- DirecTV launches Dolby Digital audio. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;06/01/98, Vol. 128 Issue 23, p29
States that commencing July 1, 1998, DirecTV will start offering 5.1-channel Dolby Digital sound to its DBS customers by way of a DDS integrated receiver/decoder from Thomson Consumer Electronics. How this enhanced audio service will be launched; Comments from Stephanie Campbell, senior vice...
- France asks Britain to book Skynet. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;1/6/1986, Vol. 124 Issue 1, p22
France is pushing Britain to book the Skynet military communications satellite on the European Ariane launcher. The two previous Skynet sats were booked on NASA's space shuttle, angering French officials. Payment proposal, ground control.
- DirecTV: Still no baseball deal. Hettrick, Scott // Hollywood Reporter;4/25/95, Vol. 336 Issue 49, p4
Reports that DirecTV's third satellite is scheduled for a launch in early-to-mid June 1995, while the company has not yet finalized a deal with Major League Baseball for a package of games in time for opening day.
- DirecTV cities best month ever. // MediaWeek;01/13/97, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p3
Reports on DirecTV's sales in December 1996. Percentage changes.
- DirectTV satellite plans may get a lift. McConnell, Chris // Broadcasting & Cable;12/15/97, Vol. 127 Issue 51, p22
Discusses how the United States Congress will help DirecTV in its bid for more DBS spectrum. Reference to the Federal Communications Commission's ruling on spectrum allocation; Why wireless providers oppose of the commission's ruling; Comment from House Commerce Committee Chairman Tom Bliley.
- Satellite slip spurs Street selloff. Peers, Martin // Variety;11/25/96, Vol. 365 Issue 4, p39
Reports on satellite broadcaster DirecTV's revision of its growth projections for the year 1996. Expansion of the firm's subscriber base.
- DIRECTV adds channels. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;9/11/95, Vol. 125 Issue 37, p47
Reports on the plan of the direct broadcast satellite (DBS) program provider DIRECTV to add seven channels in late September 1995. Move as part of an effort to cultivate new subscribers in anticipation of the opening of cable system channel capacity and the launch of two more DBS program...