NCTA Likes Mike
- Ex-FCC Chief to guide NCTA. Lowry, Tom // Daily Variety;3/16/2011, Vol. 310 Issue 52, p4
The article announces that the National Cable and Telecommunications Association has named Michael Powell as its head.
- At Paley Center, Some Views From the Chair. // Multichannel News;6/25/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 26, p4
The article presents information on Michael Powell, president of National Cable & Telecommunications Association, who discussed various topics on television broadcasting like retransmission consent at a Paley Center for Media luncheon in New York on June 19, 2012.
- On a Roll. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/17/2013, Vol. 143 Issue 24, p42
The article features National Cable and Telecommunication Association (NCTA) President Michael Powell and mentions that he is the best salesman at the cable industry.
- NCTA Chief Powell Gets Warm WICT Reception, Genachowski Praise. // Multichannel News;5/9/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p7
The article reports that the new National Cable and Telecommunications Association (NACTA) president Michael Powell was welcomed by Federal Communications Commission (FCC) chairman Julius Genachowski in the reception sponsored by Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT).
- Justice Powell? NCTA Chief Sounds Smart On 'Chevron'. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;1/21/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p24
The article reflects on the views of Michael Kevin Powell, president of the organization National Cable & Telecommunications Association related to the hearing of the U.S. Supreme Court regarding the authorization limits of regulatory agencies in the country.
- Powell: There Ought to Be a Law. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;1/26/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p20
An excerpt from the views given by Michael Powell, National Cable & Telecommunications Association president, on network neutrality regulation, at the U.S Congress in January 2015, is presented.
- Powell: Gearing Up for Change. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;4/9/2012, Vol. 142 Issue 15, p28
An interview with Michael Powell, president of the National Cable & Telecommunications Association is presented. When asked about his assessment in his first year in excellent association, he refers as enormously satisfying. Powell notes on the policy front which his mother taught him not to say...
- The First Name in Cable. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;6/13/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 24, p22
An interview with the National Cable and Telecommunications Association (NCTA) president Michael Powell is presented. He expresses his appreciation to the commitment of the cable industry in terms of being diverse both on an ethnic and gender basis. He believes that there should be a room for...
- Former FCC Chairman Michael Powell Appointed to Lead Cable Lobby. // TV Technology;4/1/2011, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p8
The article announces that Michael K. Powell has been appointed as president and chief executive officer (CEO) of the National Cable & Telecommunications Association.