SÂ¡ TV's New Tack: Revamp to nuvoTV
- Upfront brings new scheduling strategy for broadcast nets. Poggi, Jeanine // Advertising Age;5/20/2013, Vol. 84 Issue 20, p6
The article considers television programming by broadcast television networks for the 2013-2014 prime time television season, noting a trend in which the networks are imitating cable television by scheduling series with smaller numbers of episodes and scheduling them at different points of the...
- INSP Seeks a Broader Audience. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;9/27/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 36, p44
The article reports on the addition of faith-themed, general-entertainment programming to the Inspiration Network as part of its rebranding effort.
- JD on TV: when the price isn't right. Dee, John // Onfilm;Aug2010, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p10
The article discusses the performance of New Zealand's television industry in the first six months of 2010. It is said that television networks generally enjoyed better overall revenue numbers compared to 2009 when sales increased around 5.4% in the first half of the year. The author cautions...
- WHAT'S NEXT? Ventre, Michael // Variety;9/10/2012, Vol. 428 Issue 5, p28
The article presents a preview of cable television programs to be broadcast by the network History Channel in 2012-2013 including "The Men Who Built America," "Mankind: The Story of Us" and "Vikings."
- Italos mull TV quotas. Vivarelli, Nick // Daily Variety;1/25/2013, Vol. 318 Issue 14, p8
The article reports on a legislation introduced by the Italian government which will force local television networks to include more native films on its programming lists and investments in 2013.
- Spike TV Cozies Up to Young Women. MARECHAL, AJ // Variety;4/23/2013, Vol. 319 Issue 5, p28
The article examines television programming by the cable television network Spike TV, focusing on its efforts to present programs to attract more women television viewers.
- The Graying of the TV Viewer. UMSTEAD, R. THOMAS // Multichannel News;9/8/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 33, p31
The author says a new study on the rising age of television viewers, and primetime ratings results from the current summer's top cable networks showing double-digit declines among the 18-34 audience during the period of May 26 to August 31, 2014, should cause programmers some concern.
- Wednesday battle gets wilder. Kissell, Rick // Variety;7/30/2012, Vol. 427 Issue 11, p23
The article considers prime time television programming by broadcast television networks for the 2012-2013 season in the 10 p.m. Wednesday time slot, forecasting that the CBS Television Network program "CSI" will have the highest ratings in the period.
- Whirlwind puts ATV in mode to buy. Rothrock, Vicki // Variety;10/1/2007, Vol. 408 Issue 7, pA21
The article focuses on the television broadcasting industry in Hong Kong. The article discusses television broadcaster Asia Television (ATV), which is undergoing a change of management. According to ATV channel management head Shuen-shuen Hung, ATV is looking to add programs that will fit in...