Asian Channel's New Price: Free
- New wrinkles for broadcast. Hibberd, James // Hollywood Reporter;8/11/2010, Vol. 415 Issue 45, p2
The article discusses the increase in the average viewer age of the four major broadcasters including American Broadcasting Co., CBS Television Network, and National Broadcasting Co. Inc.
- Diverse auds just want to be shown the money. Phillips, Braden // Variety;04/26/99, Vol. 374 Issue 10, p36
Describes characteristics of the CNBC television network's viewers. Linkage of CNBC's growth to the rise of the stock market; Educational attainment of average viewers; CNBC's viewership outside the home; Ratings of CNBC's programs; Income profile of CNBC viewers.
- ITV Digital reaches for Sky. // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Dec2001/Jan2002, Issue 323, p6
Reports on the accessibility of digital services of viewers from cable network ITV in Great Britain. Uplink of the service from the teleport of NTL Broadcast; Task responsibility of NTL to put ITV services onto the Astra direct-to-home digital satellite system.
- Prime access. Smith, Paul // Variety;10/11/99, Vol. 376 Issue 8, p148
Provides information on the growing viewership of Prime television network in Auckland, New Zealand. Alternatives of Prime if two major Kiwi networks have succeeded in their television programming; Comments from Prime Managing Director John Spencer.
- Pacts boost MTV Asia, Nick. Groves, Don // Variety;03/26/2001, Vol. 382 Issue 6, p38
Provides information on the decision of Music Television (MTV) Asia to provide 24-hour programming in the Philippines and South Korea. Television viewership of the cable network; Alliance between MTV Asia and Mediaquest's Channel 41 in the Philippines; Decision to end a partnership with CJ...
- Murphy's new-look BBC3. // Televisual;Jan2002, p15
Discusses the proposals for television network BBC3 as of January 2002. Increase in the budget for programming; Percentage of programming which will be homegrown; Percentage of BBC3 output that will be interactive; Target audience.
- Clients unhappy over C5's profile. Griffiths, Ana // Campaign (UK);08/08/97, Issue 32, p5
Focuses on media buyers' concern over the downmarket profile of the audience of British cable television network, Channel 5. Findings of the `TV Trends' report from the Institute of Practitioners in advertising; Similarity of audience class profile to ITV; Average rating of television programs...
- C5 promises half of C4 audience by Xmas. // Marketing Week;8/20/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 25, p14
Reports that Channel 5 television (TV) station's objective is to deliver half of the adult impacts in the United Kingdom, of Channel 4 TV station by Christmas, while indicating its total television viewing for 1998. Explanation of adult impacts; Comments from Nick Milligan, sales director at...
- Feminism flops in the ratings race. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;2/13/95, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p45
Gives the Canadian ratings of the seven new specialty channels. Who finished first with and average of 85,000 viewers; How the the women's network (WTN), finished last for the second straight week.