TWC App Prompts Gadget Agita
- FX adds 7 million new subscribers via Time Warner. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;12/20/99, Vol. 18 Issue 51, p27
Reports on developments related to the cable television industry in the United States as of December 20, 1999. Includes cable network FX's carriage deal with Time Warner Cable; Showtime Network's purchase of television programs with minority casts.
- Time Warner Gives Lift to C-SPAN3. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;02/19/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p3
Reports that United States-based cable television operator Time Warner Cable has agreed to carry cable television network C-SPAN3 as of February 19, 2001. Number of subscribers included in the digital television carriage deal.
- Manhattan Neighborhood Network makes headway. Moorer, Talise // New York Amsterdam News;10/08/98, Vol. 89 Issue 41, p4
Reports on the negotiations between Time Warner Cable and New York City's cable television network Manhattan Neighborhood Network (MNN). Terms under the deal; Operation by the MNN of the public access facility.
- TWC to Launch Speed2 Broadband Net. GIBBONS, KENT // Multichannel News;5/10/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p16
The article offers information on soon to be launched broadband channel called, Speed2, by cable television network, Speed Network, in partnership with Time Warner Cable Inc.
- Another dispute on deck for YES. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;6/13/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 48, p1
Reports on the demand of Time Warner Cable of New York City to impose additional charge for YES Network in New York City. Amount of the proposed charge; Reason behind the proposed additional charge; Response of YES to the demand.
- Will Cable Nets Kill Their Golden Goose? Richmond, Will // Multichannel News;4/4/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 14, p29
In this article the author discusses the reactions of cable television (TV) networks on the launch by Time Warner Cable Inc. (TWC) of its new iPad application. He says that the bigger issue that the network leaders should be focusing is whether they desire to risk adding threat to their golden...
- The box stops here? Landman, Beth; Lang, Anne Adams // New York;12/25/95-1/1/96, Vol. 28 Issue 51, p20
States that Time Warner Cable is threatening to pull the plug on the executives of the Box, a popular hip-hop video jukebox. Reason given; What the executives are doing in an effort to hold onto their New York audience. Strategies planned.
- Speedvision, Outdoor Life get carriage deals. // Electronic Media;01/04/99, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p58
Reports that Speedvision and Outdoor Life have signed affiliation agreements with Time Warner Cable that allow individual Time Warner systems to strike carriage deals with the two networks.
- TW talk. RB // Broadcasting & Cable;8/15/94, Vol. 124 Issue 33, p16
Reports on the affiliation deal between Multimedia Inc.'s The Talk Channel with Time Warner Cable multiple system cable operator.