MARKETS AND GEOGRAPHY DESIGNING MARKETABLE PERMIT SCHEMES TO CONTROL LOCAL AND REGIONAL POLLUTANTS
- The ozone below. Petrick, William // Audubon;Sep/Oct94, Vol. 96 Issue 5, p14
Focuses on the growth of ozone pollution in suburbs in the United States. Effect on children at summer camp; Ozone concentrations in the air from New York City; Incidence of lung disease; Government efforts to reduce ozone concentrations.
- Federal ruling threatens EPA's standing. Ward, Ken // Las Vegas Business Press;06/12/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 23, p6
Reports on ruling of the Circuit Court of Appeals in Washington, D.C. on a case involving ozone and particulate pollution.
- Analysis of Observed Ozone Episode in Urban Jinan, China. Yin, Yongquan; Lu, Haixia; Shan, Wenpo; Zheng, Yan // Bulletin of Environmental Contamination & Toxicology;Aug2009, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p159
Using a trajectory model (HYSPLIT) analyzed the ozone episodes observed at urban Jinan in 2005. There were 84 h (in 24 days) of ozone episodes (>100 ppbv) observed during the study. June was the most polluted month in the year. The earliest episode observed in May 4 was mainly caused by the...
- Contolling urban ozone. Chameides, William L. // World & I;Aug93, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p188
Discusses studies concerning urban ozone. Detrimental effects on living tissue; National Ambient Air Quality Standard (NAAQS); Ozone-precursor gases or volatile organic compounds (VOCs); Petrochemical smog; Nitrogn oxides; Reaction sequence that produce ozone; Problems encountered in control;...
- Ozone study group ready to set NOx goal. Arrandale, Tom // Governing;Jun97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p44
Reports that Illinois environmental protection director Mary L. Gade, wants the Ozone Transport Assessment Group (OTAG) to wrap up a study on whether ozone-creating chemicals from the Midwest caused air-quality violations in the Eastern United States. Need for OTAG to set goals for cutting...
- Boucher urges Clinton to defer EPA air rules. // Coal Age;Jun97, Vol. 102 Issue 6, p26
Reports on a letter sent to President Bill Clinton from Rick Boucher, urging the former to direct the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to refrain from promulgating proposed new national ozone and fine particulate matter (PM) standards. Implementations of the proposed regulations; What the...
- It's Ozone Season! Daniels, Jessica // Washington Informer;7/9/2015, Vol. 50 Issue 39, p13
The article talks of ground-level ozone production, its effect on human health including suggestions by Air Quality Division, District Department of the Environment, Washington D.C. to reduce ozone.
- Primal versus Dual Methods for Measuring the Impact of Ozone on Cash Grain Farmers. Dixon, Bruce L.; Garcia, Philip; Mjelde, James W. // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;May85, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p402
Compares primal and dual methods for measuring the impact of pollutant ozone on the profits and outputs of cash grain farms in Illinois. Estimates of translog profit and production models for single-output models; Definition of model variables and data; Features of the translog function.
- Regulatory Overview: NOx Emission Specifications From Stationary Sources. // Pollution Engineering;Nov2001, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p16
Focuses on the government policies concerning viable nitrogen dioxide emissions in the energy systems of several industries in Texas. Standardization of air quality for nitrogen emissions; Detrimental health effect of nitrogen dioxide; Aspects of controlling ozone pollutants.