Population-based prevalence of uveitis in Southern India
- Study finds latanoprost not a serious problem with uveitis. Scerra, Chet // Ophthalmology Times;07/15/99, Vol. 24 Issue 14, p19
Presents information on the results of the study which discussed the association of latanoprost with anterior uveitis. Incidence of intraocular inflammation associated with latanoprost in patients without a history of uveitis; Incidence of exacerbating inflammation in patients with active...
- Rock the Vogt. // Review of Optometry;May2014, Vol. 151 Issue 5, p73
The article provides an answer to a question on when to co-manage uveitis or Vogt-Koyanagi-Harada (VKH) syndrome.
- Uveitis in a patient with common variable immunodeficiency. Gray, R; Vodden, J; Gompels, M // Eye;Jan2003, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p99
Studies the case of a 55-year-old man with common variable immunodeficiency who was diagnosed with uveitis. Presenting signs and symptoms; Past medical history; Diagnostic procedures done; Treatment; Outcome.
- Review: Uveitis and Immunosuppressive Drugs. Kulkarni, Prasad // Journal of Ocular Pharmacology & Therapeutics;Apr2001, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p181
Uveitis, inflammation of the eye, is a common occurring disease resulting from a wide variety of traumatic and immunogenic insults and, in most cases, can be treated successfully by corticosteroids. However, corticosteroids have severe side effects. Alternative therapy is using nonsteroidal...
- 0SC QUIZ. // Review of Optometry;Nov2013, Vol. 150 Issue 11, p70
A quiz by the Optometric Study Center (OSC) concerning the inflammatory eye disease uveitis is presented.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs show promise to treat uveitis. Dunn, James P. // Ophthalmology Times;4/1/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p1
The article discusses recent advances in the treatment of uveitis at the Current Concepts in Ophthalmology meeting in the U.S. The drugs may facilitate early resolution of severe ocular disease without the long-term side effects caused by corticosteroids. The drugs are being used with increasing...
- ReaÃ§Ã£o orbitopalpebral em resposta a injeÃ§Ã£o siibtenoniana profunda de triancinolona: relato de caso. Waisberg, Yehuda; Moura, Mariangela; Waisberg, Vanessa; Lacerda, Rogério Rocha // Arquivos Brasileiros de Oftalmologia;2009, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p394
A case of a local reaction related to a subtenonian deep injection of triamcinolone is reported. The patient was a 6 year old child, with intermediate uveitis. Intense edema and erythema of the eyelids appeared approximately 30 minutes after the injection. Complete resolution occurred among 24...
- Vitrectomy in Patients With Uveitis. Vitale, Albert T. // Review of Ophthalmology;Feb2006 part 1of 3, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p80
The article discusses the role of vitrectomy in patients with uveitis. The studies demonstrate that the diagnostic virectomy with directed vitreous fluid analysis is an effective strategy in differentiating eye infections in patients. This will allow a prompt initiation of appropriate therapy...
- Patients with uveitis and cataract present challenges. Charters, Lynda; Dunn, James P. // Ophthalmology Times;10/1/2007, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p64
The article focuses on considering several factors while treating patients with uveitis and cataracts. Several preoperative factors are important in assessing the risk of cataract surgery in patients. The factors includes the degress of dialation of the pupil, the need for chronic topical...