Effect of Long-term Corticosteroids on Dental Pulp
- Immunosuppressants. // Reactions Weekly;7/26/2008, Issue 1212, p18
The article describes case studies involving four patients who developed nocardial infections while receiving immunosuppressive therapy for autoimmune disorders. Various immunosuppresants were being taken by the patients when they developed symptoms or signs of nocardial infections. It is...
- STUDIES ON THE DIFFERENT PATHWAYS OF EXCHANGE OF MINERALS IN TEETH WITH THE AID OF RADIOACTIVE PHOSPHORUS. WASSERMANN, F.; BLAYNEY, J. R.; GROETZINGER, G.; DEWITT, T. G. // Journal of Dental Research;Oct1941, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p389
The article discusses different pathways of exchange of minerals in the teeth. The authors used radioactive phosphorous to trace chemical elements in the body in order to establish abnormal metabolic conditions in teeth. They found that the metabolism in teeth could go through the pulp, the...
- VITAL STAINING OF GROWING BONES AND TEETH WITH ALIZARINE RED S. SCHOUR, I.; HOFFMAN, M. M.; SARNAT, B. G.; ENGEL, M. B. // Journal of Dental Research;Oct1941, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p411
The article discusses vital staining of growing bones and teeth with alizarine Red S. The authors examine the use of alizarine Red S as a vital dye, which is common because it produces a sharp line in incremental zones of dentin, cementum, and bone that are calcifying. The chemistry of the...
- INCREASE IN HARDNESS OF DENTIN ON DRYING. TOTAH, VICTOR P. // Journal of Dental Research;Feb1942, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p99
The article discusses an increase in hardness of dentin when it is dried. The author details experimental methods used to determine whether or not hardness is increased. The effect of polishing on hardness was examined by polishing freshly extracted teeth and using microcuts to determine their...
- ODONTOBLASTS IN THE DENTINAL TUBULI. ORBAN, B. // Journal of Dental Research;Dec1941, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p553
The article discusses odontoblasts in the dental tubuli. The presence of leukocytes in the dental tubuli and its effect on acute inflammation of the pulp is examined. The author details experimental methods that he used to identify dental tubuli that occurred frequently in well-circumscribed...
- THE GROUND SUBSTANCE OF ABNORMAL DENTIN, SECONDARY DENTIN, AND PULP CALCIFICATIONS. BURSTONE, M. S. // Journal of Dental Research;Apr1953, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p269
The article investigates the carbohydrate-protein complexes of abnormal and secondary dentin, and pulp calcifications. An experiment is described and results are discussed. A correlation was found between intracellular and extracellular glycoprotein and abnormal dentin formed via ionizing...
- Development of Pylomatrixoma After the Subcutaneous Injection of Methotrexate for the Treatment of Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis. Afonso Pérez, Elvira; Garcia Porrua, Carlos; Castiñeiras Mato, Iria Margarita; Bal Nieves, Fernando // Reumatologia Clinica;nov/dic2012, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p380
No abstract available.
- Impact of antenatal corticosteroid treatment. // American Family Physician;11/01/95, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p1917
Reports on an article published by Wright and associates in the July 1995 issue of the `American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology' on the impact of antenatal corticosteroid use.
- Glaucoma risk increased with long-term, high-dose inhaled corticosteroids. // Geriatrics;June97, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p20
Focuses on the long-term use of very high doses of inhaled corticosteroids may increase the risk of glaucoma, according to study by Canadian researchers. Patients who are only treated with high doses of corticosteroids; Advices for doctors treating patients with corticosteroids.