- THE UNDERSERVED AGED AND THE ROLE OF THE AFRICAN AMERICAN CHURCH. Samuels, A. Dexter // Journal of Cultural Diversity;Winter2011, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p129
Historically, the church has been a central institution in the life of the African American community, and caring for bodies, as well as souls, has been a critical aspect of its ministry. The significance of this role will increase in importance in the foreseeable future given the escalating...
- Indexes help to identify localities in need of healthcare interventions. // Nursing Children & Young People;Sep2011, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p11
The article reports that the Index of Multiple Deprivations (IMD) and CWI indexes can help nurses educate themselves about placement of Local Service Order Administration (LSOAs) and explore the local and national services available to improve difficulties in their areas.
- Where do our priorities lie? Khan, Zuzana // Nursing Children & Young People;Apr2012, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p12
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article on the Sure Start program for children in the February 2012 issue.
- Bringing Dental Care Back Home: One Student's Dream. // Journal of the California Dental Hygienists' Association;Winter2014, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p19
The article features senior dental hygiene student Daniela Tirada of University of Southern California (USC), Ostrow School of Dentistry, who exerted efforts to bring dental care in her town of Calexico in California's Imperial Valley. In March 2013, Tirada and 30 USC students and faculty...
- How the European Parliament Works. // Hill;7/8/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 79, p16
The article offers information on the functions of the European Parliament including as partner with the Council of European Union (EU) in making decisions of about two-thirds of proposals for the EU legislation and having budgetary powers and democratic control over all the European institutions.
- Nigeria Stock Exchange CG rating system. // Governance Newsletter;Apr2014, Issue 238, p5
The article offers information on an agreement between the European Parliament and the European Union Member States in the European Council related to an amendment to accounting legislation to improve the transparency of companies on social, environmental and bribery matters as of April 2014.
- Letter from Brussels. Spiers, Shaun // New Statesman & Society;8/12/94, Vol. 7 Issue 315, p11
Discusses the growing importance of the European Parliament in light of the expansion of its powers by the Maastricht Treaty. Resolutions in its July 1994 session; Activities of British European Parliament (MEP) members; Role in amending European Legislation.
- Moment. HERZOG, CHRISELLA // Diplomatic Courier;Jul2014, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p82
The article argues that the changes in Brussels, Belgium brought by the change in dialogue from the populations of the 28 Member States, which was reflected in the results of the European Parliament elections, will set the course of the European Union for the next five years.
- Visa-free pass for Moldovan citizens. // Regional Today;3/3/2014, p4
The article reports on the decision of European Parliament to allow Moldovan citizens to travel the European Union's border-free Schengen area without visa.