Germany clambers aboard translational research bandwagon
- AHA announces first researchers for groundbreaking CVGPS project. // Rhode Island Medical Journal;Dec2014, Vol. 97 Issue 12, p52
The article states that researchers of Cardiovascular Genome-Phenome Study (CVGPS) research project, which aims to prevent cardiovascular diseases by developing personalized treatments, have been awarded 250,000 U.S. Dollars at American Heart Association's scientific sessions on November 16, 2014.
- Transitions. Creager, Mark A.; Gornik, Heather L. // Vascular Medicine;Apr2014, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p83
The author discusses updates of the journal. He provides overview of the history of the journal such as the changes of its name to reflect its focus as medical and cardiovascular periodical. The author also expresses thanks to the authors of the journal who have made significant contributions on...
- Cardiovascular research in Canada: good return on investment. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;8/24/2013, Issue 685, p7
The article discusses a study conducted in Canada, which found that cardiovascular research funded by charitable organisations or the government provides a good return on investment (ROI) as it is similar to receiving a 21% ROI annually, however there are various limitations to the study.
- Common Factor of Cardiac, Vascular Disease. // Bioworld Week;4/19/2010, Vol. 18 Issue 16, p1
The article explores the common factors of cardiac vascular diseases. It cites the journal "Science Translational Medicine" which focuses on describing the gene KLF15 whose malfunction underlies both heart failure and aortic aneurysms. It features an investigative study conducted by Mukesh Jain...
- VAI primes city for biotech century. Aylsworth, Karen // Grand Rapids Business Journal;3/17/97, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p1
Highlights the plans of the Van Andel Institute for Education and Medical Research to meet scientific challenges of the 21st century. Exploration of impact of genetic and molecular influences on human conditions; Construction of research center at Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- Constant state of change. Hoekman, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/02/98, Vol. 16 Issue 44, p1
Reports that Van Andel Institute (VAI) President Luis Tomatis believes its biggest economic impact will come about five years after it begins operation in 1999. Construction of the medical research facility in Grand Rapids, Michigan; Benefits of VAI's presence for the Michigan State University...
- Study: VAI needs cluster of development. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;03/22/99, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p1
States that the Van Andel Institute for Research and Education will not be the same economic catalyst as the Van Andel Arena has been according to a Deloitte & Touche study. Findings from the examination of medical research facilities; Need for Grand Rapids, Michigan, to build an academic,...
- Bioanalytical. // Applied Clinical Trials;Aug2011 Supplement, p70
The article lists several bioanalytical companies worldwide including Algorithme Pharma, Fisher Bioservices, and Labconnect LLC.
- Phase II Failure Rate On the Rise. // Pharmaceutical Representative;Jun2011, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p8
The article presents a published report from the Center for Medicines Research on the efficacy failures in Phase II which notes a drop in the success rate during the period 2008-2009 compared with the rates in 2006-2007 in the U.S.