Cardiac resynchronization therapy: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials
- Investigation and management of congestive heart failure. Arroll, Bruce; Doughty, Robert; Andersen, Victoria // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;7/24/2010, Vol. 341 Issue 7765, p190
The article discusses the management of congestive heart failure. According to the guidance released by the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence, the increasing prevalence of congestive heart failure is a result of people living longer and effective treatment for coronary heart...
- Adjunctive treatment with eplerenone reduced morbidity and mortality in acute myocardial infarction. Pitt, B.; Remme, W.; Zannad, F. // Evidence Based Medicine;Sep2003, p146
The article presents a study that examines the effectiveness of adjunctive treatment with eplerenone in reducing the morbidity and mortality in patients with acute myocardial infarction (MI) and congestive heart failure (CHF). It describes the method of the study which observes 6642 patients,...
- Therapeutic options for congestive heart failure. Ross, Brendan S.; King, Jeffery M.; Fischer, Richard G. // Drug Topics;2/16/98, Vol. 124 Issue 4, p102
Presents information on congestive heart failure (CHF) with reference to its therapeutic options in the United States. Estimation of the amount of Americans who are afflicted with CHF; What have been associated with the increase prevalence and incidence of heart failure; Details on the diagnosis...
- Evaluation of treatment for congestive heart failure in patients aged 60 years and older using... Jenkinson, Crispin; Jenkinson, Damian // Age & Ageing;Jan1997, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p7
Evaluates treatment for congestive heart failure of older patients using generic measures of health status measures. Form 36 (SF-36) and Dartmouth COOP charts; Angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitor treatment; Indication for SF-36 and COOP charts health status measures; Standardized...
- Treating congestive heart failure. Massin, Edward K. // Cortlandt Forum;1/25/96, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p165
Discusses the possible treatments at preventing or controlling congestive heart failure (CHF). Persons who are likely to develop CHF; Symptoms; Prognosis.
- New beta-blocker shown to cut mortality rate. Alexander, Walter // Drug Topics;12/11/95, Vol. 139 Issue 23, p51
Reports on the benefits in congestive heart failure (CHF) patients by treatment with carvedilol, a vasodilating beta-blocker with antioxidant effects. Association of agent with improved mortality, hemodynamic and clinical status; Reduction of risks of worsening CHF; Approval of carvedilol in...
- CHF: Current strategies, future developments. Rodgers, Katie // Drug Topics;2/21/94, Vol. 138 Issue 4, p20
Focuses on the approaches for treating congestive heart failure (CHF). Digoxin; Diuretics; ACE inhibitors; Role of nitrates; Beta-blockers; Use of calcium-channel blockers; Development of CHF treatment; Increased CHF incidence.
- Ace inhibitor receives go-ahead for patients at risk of CHF. Rodman, Morton J.; Hurley, Mary Lou // RN;Feb94, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p78
Reports on the availability of enalapril maleate (Vasotec) to treat patients with asymptomatic left ventricular dysfuntion. Prescription for patients who have no symptoms of congestive heart failure (CHF); Dosage; Side effects.
- Simple route best for CHF? // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;2/28/96, Vol. 275 Issue 8, p584
Suggests that counseling and education could offer a simple, effective method for reducing readmissions and improving quality of life for patients with congestive heart failure (CHF). Details on a study of CHF patients at the Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, Missouri;...