- Boeing rides the plane train. Pope, Gregory T.; Chien, Philip // Popular Mechanics;May95, Vol. 172 Issue 5, p30
Reports that Burlington Northern Railroad has transported a Boeing passenger-jet fuselage from Wichita, Kansas to Renton, Washington. Aim of speeding up production and trimming transportation costs.
- Designing big birds. Yarrish, Gerry // Model Airplane News;Feb2003, Vol. 131 Issue 2, p132
Presents several steps on designing an airplane. Selection of shape for the airplane; Dimension of wings, fuselage and tailplane; Use of motor in the airplane.
- A350XWB Go-Ahead Removes Some Residual Uncertainty. // Aircraft Value News;12/11/2006, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p1
The article offers information on the design of the A350XWB aircraft from Airbus. Background of the competition of the A350XWB with the B787 type is presented. The advantage of the aluminum fuselage feature of the aircraft is mentioned. The service entry dates of the airplanes are cited, which...
- RC float. Thorne, William // Model Aviation Canada;Mar2014, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p64
No abstract available.
- Fine particle dispersion in a commercial aircraft cabin. Beneke, Jeremy M.; Jones, Byron W.; Hosni, Mohammad // HVAC&R Research;Feb2011, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p107
The spread of particles or contaminants in aircraft cabins is of interest due to the large number of passengers and their close proximity to each other. This close proximity causes concern about the spread of disease and contaminants among passengers. To understand the aircraft cabin environment...
- DISCOVERY JET. // Model Airplane News;Apr2005, Vol. 133 Issue 4, p98
The article provides tips for the construction of the airplane model Discovery Jet, which is a turbine-powered sport aerobatic model. The model has plenty of wing area and a fully symmetrical airfoil. For convenience, the turbine is attached out in the open--no tailpipe, engine hatches, or inlet...
- SUPER CHIPMUNK. // Model Airplane News;May2005, Vol. 133 Issue 5, p30
The article presents information on the airplane model Super Chipmunk manufactured by Great Planes Model Manufacturing Co. and of type sport-scale aerobat. Highlights include great fiberglass fuselage, cowl and wing belly pan; complete hardware package; detailed instruction manual with many...
- ULTIMATE FPP BIPE. // Model Airplane News;May2005, Vol. 133 Issue 5, p40
The article presents information on the aerobatic electric biplane Ultimate FPP Bipe manufactured by Northeast Sailplane Products. It is a nearly indestructible, fun-to-fly biplane. Its large flying surfaces permit it to maneuver quickly, and its high power-to-weight ratio allows unlimited...
- BEAVER EXPERIMENTAL. // Model Airplane News;May2005, Vol. 133 Issue 5, p48
The article presents information on the airplane model Beaver Experimental manufactured by Modelfly and distributed by Falcon Trading. This all-plastic plane is a nimble, light flyer that's easy to build and comes with a complete hardware package. The one-piece fuselage has molded-in details...