- Boeing rides the plane train. Pope, Gregory T.; Chien, Philip // Popular Mechanics;May95, Vol. 172 Issue 5, p30
Reports that Burlington Northern Railroad has transported a Boeing passenger-jet fuselage from Wichita, Kansas to Renton, Washington. Aim of speeding up production and trimming transportation costs.
- Designing big birds. Yarrish, Gerry // Model Airplane News;Feb2003, Vol. 131 Issue 2, p132
Presents several steps on designing an airplane. Selection of shape for the airplane; Dimension of wings, fuselage and tailplane; Use of motor in the airplane.
- A350XWB Go-Ahead Removes Some Residual Uncertainty. // Aircraft Value News;12/11/2006, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p1
The article offers information on the design of the A350XWB aircraft from Airbus. Background of the competition of the A350XWB with the B787 type is presented. The advantage of the aluminum fuselage feature of the aircraft is mentioned. The service entry dates of the airplanes are cited, which...
- "One Week Wonder" Day 2: Progress And Excitement. // AVweb;7/30/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 31c, p2
The article discusses â€œOne Week Wonder,â€ a project for the construction and testing of light sport aircraft Zenith CH 750 from an aeroplane kit, with topics addressed including volunteers, construction schedule, and aeroplane components such as fuselage, wings, and tale.
- RC float. Thorne, William // Model Aviation Canada;Mar2014, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p64
No abstract available.
- Fine particle dispersion in a commercial aircraft cabin. Beneke, Jeremy M.; Jones, Byron W.; Hosni, Mohammad // HVAC&R Research;Feb2011, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p107
The spread of particles or contaminants in aircraft cabins is of interest due to the large number of passengers and their close proximity to each other. This close proximity causes concern about the spread of disease and contaminants among passengers. To understand the aircraft cabin environment...
- DISCOVERY JET. // Model Airplane News;Apr2005, Vol. 133 Issue 4, p98
The article provides tips for the construction of the airplane model Discovery Jet, which is a turbine-powered sport aerobatic model. The model has plenty of wing area and a fully symmetrical airfoil. For convenience, the turbine is attached out in the open--no tailpipe, engine hatches, or inlet...
- GREAT PLANES COSMIC WIND MINNOW ARF. Reid, Robert // Model Airplane News;Feb2006, Vol. 134 Issue 2, p78
The article reports that a test pilot from the United States, Tony LeVier designed a plane, which was named as "Cosmic Wind." Tony designed this plane in the late 1940s. Three variations of this design were built, which were Ballerina, Little Toni and Minnow. Recently, Great Planes Model...
- FAIREY SWORDFISH. Caso, Robert // Backyard Flyer;May2005, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p88
Presents an article about the Fairey Swordfish airplane model designed by Robert Case. Details of the construction of the model; Accessories attached to the fuselage of Fairey Swordfish; Importance of dihedral to properly position the upper wing panels of the aircraft model.