Times a-changing' at Old Town School
- Old Town head aims to widen school's scope. McCormick, Brian // Crain's Chicago Business;11/13/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 47, p12
Reports the expansion of the music education and performance programs of the Old Town School of Folk Music in Chicago, Illinois. Recruitment of ethnomusicologist David Roche as executive director of the school; Plans of Roche to expand Latin and Asian programs at the cultural institution;...
- Old Town School of Folk Music to hold 55-day celebration. // Windy City Times;1/4/2012, Vol. 27 Issue 13, p23
The article reports on the plan of Old Town School of Folk Music in Chicago, Illinois to hold a grand opening in the new East Building on January 9, 2012 and to celebrate the school's 55th anniversary.
- Old Folkies Home. Martens, Todd // Billboard;9/23/2006, Vol. 118 Issue 38, p28
The article reports on the plan of the Old Town School of Folk Music in Chicago, Illinois to issue the first of a multivolume set of songs taken from the school's songbook. Previously, the school has released CD in conjunction with its popular children's music program, the Wiggleworms. Bloodshot...
- Keep a Song in Your Soul: The Black Roots of Vaudeville. // Chicago Citizen - South End Edition;10/26/2011, Vol. 44 Issue 38, p10
The article offers information that a performance by Carolina Chocolate Drops will be held on November 3-6, 2011 at Old Town School of Folk Music, Chicago, Illinois.
- To our readers:. Furry, William // Illinois Heritage;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p2
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the author discusses articles within the issue dealing with such topics related to Illinois history as artist Helen West Heller, the Old Town School of Folk Music, and radical labor.
- Old Town opens in grand style. Nunn, Jerry // Windy City Times;1/11/2012, Vol. 27 Issue 14, p26
The article reports on the grand opening of the East Building at the Old Town School of Folk Music on January 9, 2012.
- Future folkies. // Illinois Heritage;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p10
The article discusses the 55th anniversary celebrations for the Old Town School of Folk Music (OTSFM) in Chicago, Illinois. The celebrations will feature folk music concerts, art-making classes for children, and folk music premieres. The school also opened a new East Building, the design of...
- Exploring the Old Town School of Folk Musicâ€™s Beck Song Reader Ensemble: An Interview With Nathaniel Braddock. Thibeault, Matthew D. // General Music Today;Jan2014, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p43
This column presents an interview with Nathaniel Braddock, who created and teaches an ensemble devoted to Beckâ€™s Song Reader at the Old Town School of Folk Music in Chicago, Illinois. Song Reader is a collection of 20 compositions published as sheet music for musicians to record and...
- Jim Hirsch. // Technology & Learning;Dec2004, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p8
Features Jim Hirsch, associate superintendent for technology services at the Plano Independent School District (ISD) in Texas, as finalist for the Ed Tech Leader of the Year 2004. Contributions of Hirsch on the School District and students; Information on the Computers@Home program at Plano...