Modelling the effect of seasonal influenza vaccination on the risk of pandemic influenza infection
- Beginning September 1st Harris Teeter Will Offer Seasonal Flu Shot Clinics in ALL 199 Store Locations. // Tennessee Tribune;9/9/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 36, p4B
The article reports on the availability of seasonal influenza vaccines at Harris Teeter stores in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Spreading the word about seasonal influenza. // Bulletin of the World Health Organization;Apr2012, Vol. 90 Issue 4, p252
The article reports on seasonal influenza communication campaigns which are being conducted in 2012 in several countries across the globe, including Sierra Leone, Brazil and New Zealand. A discussion of the challenges that health professionals face when designing and implementing influenza...
- The flu shot remains a vital healthcare tool. Sanders, Lori // Clinical Advisor;Dec2015, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p91
No abstract available.
- Practice nurses lead the way in uptake of flu vaccination. // Practice Nursing;Nov2014, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p527
The article presents the findings of a survey developed by George Kassainos, president of the British Global and Travel Health Association, on views of health professionals about the flu vaccine and reasons for not getting it. Results show that practice nurses are the most committed to get the...
- Early Estimates of Seasonal Influenza Vaccine Effectiveness -- United States, January 2015. Flannery, Brendan; Clippard, Jessie; Zimmerman, Richard K.; Nowalk, Mary Patricia; Jackson, Michael L.; Jackson, Lisa A.; Monto, Arnold S.; Petrie, Joshua G.; McLean, Huong Q.; Belongia, Edward A.; Gaglani, Manjusha; Berman, LaShondra; Foust, Angie; Sessions, Wendy; Thaker, Swathi N.; Spencer, Sarah; Fry, Alicia M. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;1/16/2015, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p10
The article presents an early estimate of seasonal influenza vaccine effectiveness for prevention of influenza virus infection associated with acute respiratory illness (ARI) in the U.S. Of the more than two thousand children and adults with ARI enrolled at the study sites, more than forty...
- Mutant menace. // Down to Earth;3/16/2015, Vol. 23 Issue 21, p31
The article focuses on the unpredictable nature of influenza viruses, making them difficult to prevent and manage. Topics discussed include the deterioration of the efficacy of seasonal influenza vaccines to protect the public from avian or swine influenza viruses, the need to raise awareness on...
- Flu vaccination found to be safe for children. // Practice Nurse;1/21/2011, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p6
The article highlights the findings of an analysis on the safety of flu vaccination in children in Great Britain.
- Reasons for not having received influenza vaccination and its predictors in Canadians. Yue Chen; Wu, Jun; Qi-long Yi; Laroche, Julie; Wong, Thomas // Vaccine: Development & Therapy;2012, Vol. 2, p23
Background: Influenza vaccination is the most effective way to prevent influenza. However, only about one-third of Canadians receive an annual seasonal influenza vaccination. Methods: The reasons for not having received influenza vaccination were examined among 131,061 Canadians $ 12 years of...
- A Primer on Strategies for Prevention and Control of Seasonal and Pandemic Influenza. Santiba&nmacr;ez, Scott; Fiore, Anthony E.; Merlin, Toby L.; Redd, Stephen // American Journal of Public Health;Oct2009 Supplement, Vol. 99 Issue S2, pS216
The United States has made considerable progress in pandemic preparedness. Limited attention, however, has been given to the challenges faced by populations that will be at increased risk of the consequences of the pandemic, including challenges caused by societal, economic, and health-related...