Cable Ops: It's Time to Stop Losing Subs
- The Ex-Navy SEAL Poised to Rule the Pay TV Business. Bond, Paul; Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter;2/28/2014, Vol. 420 Issue 8, p12
The article offers the insights of Comcast Cable Communications Inc. chief executive officer Neil Smit on the benefits of the merger of Time Warner Cable Inc. (TWC) with his company.
- Time Warner COO: Industry Should Adopic Same-Day VOD, DVD Release. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;8/5/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 31, p1
The article reports on the promulgation that entertainment industry should adopt same-day DVD and video-on-demand (VOD) releases. According to Glenn Britt, president and chief executive officer (CEO) of Time Warner Cable, the firm continues to increase high-definition content and expands library...
- CABLEFAX 100 THE TOP 10. // CableFAX Magazine;Dec2010, p8
The article features several business leaders, who were included in the "Cablefax 100" of "Cablefax" journal. It says that Fox Networks Group Inc. chairman Tony Vinciquerra manages Fox's 38 domestic broadcast and cable outlets and 170 international channels. It adds that Time Warner Cable Inc....
- Ops Tout Progress at Media Forum. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;9/19/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 39, p8
Reports on the efforts of cable companies to update investors on their progress at the Merrill Lynch Media & Entertainment conference held in Pasadena, California in September 2005. Strategic plans of Time Warner Cable emphasized by chairman Glenn Britt; Target revenue and cash flow growth of...
- All's Quiet on the Cutting Edge. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;2/23/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p30
Reports on the launching of the voice-over-Internet protocol services by Time Warner Cable Inc. in Portland, Maine as of February 2004. Number of digital video recorder boxes of Time Warner as of December 31, 2003; Count of the subscribers of the video-on-demand customers of Time Warner;...
- A Conversation With TWC's 'Killer B's' Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;2/23/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p38
Interviews Multiple Systems Operator chairman and CEO Glenn Britt, vice chairman and COO John Billock and president Tom Baxter, on the management of Time Warner Cable Inc. as of February 2004. Relationship of the strong demand for the digital video recorder (DVR) product with video-on-demand...
- A copycat development. Schley, Stewart // CED;Sep2008, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p12
The article focuses on the issue regarding the application of copyright laws on the idea of network digital video recorders (nDVR) in the U.S. The issue started when Turner Broadcasting System had challenged the technology in a lawsuit. Glenn Britt, president of Time Warner Cable (TWC) Inc.,...
- FORMER TIME WARNER CABLE CEO GLENN BRITT DIES. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;6/23/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 17, p6
The article presents an obituary for former Time Warner Cable Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Glenn Britt.
- Report: TWC's Britt Eyeing Retirement. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;2/4/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p4
The article reports that according to newspaper "The Wall Street Journal," chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) of Time Warner Cable Inc. is planning to retire from his post as chairman in end of 2013.