GENERATING RESEARCH QUESTIONS THROUGH PROBLEMATIZATION
- The Variety of Grounded Theory: Different Versions of the Same Method or Different Methods? // Social Sciences (1392-0758);2010, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p7
No abstract available.
- APPENDIX A: Research Methods. // Making Democracy Work;1994, p187
An appendix is presented which depicts several research methods for modern social sciences in Italy since 1970.
- Introduction to JIME Special Edition on Open Educational Resources (OER). Fitzgerald, Alannah; Ehiyazaryan, Ester // Journal of Interactive Media in Education;2012 Special Issue, p1
An introduction is presented in which the authors discuss various reports within the issue on topics including Teacher Education in Sub Saharan Africa (TESSA) project, reuse as teaching and learning practice, and methods for social science research.
- The Longitudinal Qualitative Interview. Hermanowicz, Joseph // Qualitative Sociology;Jun2013, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p189
Studies have emerged that use qualitative techniques to collect and analyze data on subjects followed over time. But due to the novelty of this approach, a codified methodology underlying longitudinal qualitative research is underdeveloped. This article focuses on one method of longitudinal...
- Not by Communication Alone. Epistemology and Methodology as Typological Criteria of Communication Theories. Kirtiklis, Kęstutis // Informacijos Mokslai / Information Sciences;2011, Vol. 58, p42
The article deals with the attempts to typologize communication theories proposed in recent decades. Examining their flaws it argues that communication theorizing is inseparable from the practice of research, therefore (1) the appropriate criteria for typology of communication theories are to be...
- La estadÃstica y el curso de la razÃ³n pÃºblica: compromiso e imparcialidad en un mundo cuantificado. PORTER, THEODORE M.; Camprubí, Lino // EMPIRIA: Revista de MetodologÃa de Ciencias Sociales;2009, Vol. 18, p19
Statistics in its mathematical form played a key role in making the social sciences into technical fields, whose claim to objectivity presumed that social science should stand apart from common knowledge and ordinary reasoning. This ideal, which grew up in the twentieth century and especially in...
- La TeorÃa del Actor-Red tal como yo la imagino. Breve ensayo sobre el cosmos semafÃ³rico. Silva, Carlos // Athenea Digital (Revista de Pensamiento e InvestigaciÃ³n Social);2011, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p203
Three years ago I came to Barcelona with a firm intention that I had to change after about two months from my arrival. I wanted to study people crossing the street in this city and then compare their actions with those of the people in my hometown - Caracas. Since carrying out a comparison...
- Criteria for Responsible Business Practice in SMEs: An Exploratory Case of U.K. Fair Trade Organisations. Moore, Geoff; Slack, Richard; Gibbon, Jane // Journal of Business Ethics;Oct2009, Vol. 89 Issue 2, p173
This paper develops a set of 16 criteria, divided into four groupings, for responsible business practice (RBP) in Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs) drawn from the existing SME/RBP literature. The current lack of a general set of criteria against which such activity can be judged is noted...
- Panel Conditioning in Longitudinal Studies: Evidence From Labor Force Items in the Current Population Survey. Halpern-Manners, Andrew; Warren, John // Demography;Nov2012, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p1499
Does participating in a longitudinal survey affect respondents' answers to subsequent questions about their labor force characteristics? In this article, we investigate the magnitude of panel conditioning or time-in-survey biases for key labor force questions in the monthly Current Population...