- Ready To Respond. Warwick, Graham; Mecham, Michael // Aviation Week & Space Technology;6/9/2008, Vol. 168 Issue 23, p46
The article highlights the growing demand for a wider use of U.S. unmanned aerial systems (UAS) in non-military operations such as environmental monitoring, law enforcement and disaster relief. It mentions that efforts to expand the use of government-owned UAS focus on the Northrop Grumman...
- UAS DEMAND IS SOLID. Fulghum, David; Dickerson, Larry // Aviation Week & Space Technology;1/23/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 4, p68
The article focuses on the unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) industry. It states that the use of UAVs in military operations in Afghanistan and Iraq for counterinsurgency efforts has increased interest in UAVs. It mentions the leading UAV provider is military contractor General Atomics, which...
- KIDS' CORNER. // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;9/20/2010, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p4
A quiz on various topics is presented, including the number of hurricanes formed in the Atlantic Ocean from period of 2005 to 2006, the Global Hawk airplane and the Horton Plains slender loris.
- Eye in the Sky. Greenberg, Glenn // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;9/20/2010, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p2
The article reports on the use of Global Hawk, a remote-controlled airplane, by scientists to study hurricanes.
- Two U.S. RQ-4 Global Hawks deployed in Japan for surveillance of region's multiple hot spots. // East-Asia-Intel Reports;Jun2014, p10
The article reports that two U.S. drone RQ-4 Global Hawks were deployed to the Misawa Air Base, near Tokyo, Japan, in May 214 to improve Japan's surveillance capability over troubled Korean Peninsula, East China Sea, and the Sea of Japan. The drones which are the U.S. military's best tools for...
- Northrop to Sell 4 Drones to S. Korea for $657M. GRAVES, BRAD // San Diego Business Journal;12/22/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 51, p3
The article reports on the contract received by aerospace and defense technology company Northrop Grumman Corp. to sell four unmanned Global Hawk aircraft to South Korea.
- Japan Plans to Buy Northrop's Global Hawk. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;1/26/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p52
The article announces the plan of Japanese government to buy the Global Hawk high-altitude reconnaissance aircraft of American aerospace and defense technology company Northrop Grumman Corp.
- War Games Buffet Somalia Crisscrossed by Deadly Drones and Foreign Troops. // Chicago Citizen - South Suburban Edition;11/16/2011, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p3
The article reports that four towns in the southern part of Somalia have been targeted by French naval vessels and U.S. Predator drones to help the Kenyan troops seize the Kismayo port city, which is under the control of Al-Shabab.
- Use of Predator drones is cowardly 'War'. Erickson, Frank // Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder;11/13/2008, Vol. 74 Issue 15, p4
In this article the author discusses the use of Predator drone in the war in Afghanistan.