- UConn Students Chow Down on "Waste". // Food Management;Oct/Nov2016, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p40
The article focuses on the Tasty Waste lunch hosted by the University of Connecticut (UConn) Dining Services and its College of Agriculture, Health and Natural Resources (CAHNR) on September 21. The menu for the event prepared from foods destined for the landfill. According to Rob Landolphi,...
- U of CT rolls out `Paw Pad' truck. // FoodService Director;2/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p29
Reports on the launch of University of Connecticut's food truck service, called `The Paw Pad.' Targeted consumers; Average revenue per day; Items sold; Plans of making the food truck mobile in summer.
- University of Connecticut, McMahon Hall. Warmouth, Megan // FoodService Director;10/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p19
The article offers information on the restaurant-style display kitchens at the University of Connecticut McMahon Dining Hall which provides various cuisines at multiple serving stations.
- FACILITY CONSOLIDATION, RETAIL EXPANSION: UConn soars with foodsvc. upgrades, seeks new markets. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;8/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p34
Relates the consolidation and expansion plans for the food service facilities at the University of Connecticut in Storrs, Connecticut. Features that will be added to the facility; Resident areas to be opened at the university in fall 2003; Description of the dining hall.
- UConn Dining Services desires goodwill plan to boost business from incoming students. // Nation's Restaurant News;07/10/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 28, p18
Highlights the goodwill plan formulated by the University of Connecticut Dining Services for dormitory residents. Aim of promoting meal plans to the students; Recruitment of students for jobs at the food service facility; Handing of information material on Dining Services together with free...
- Your Guide to a Gluten-Free Diet. // Cleveland Clinic Men's Health Advisor;Aug2012, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p7
The article focuses on the gluten, a protein which is found in rye, wheat and barley that can trigger symptoms of celiac disease.
- Cornucopia. Kiernan, Willie // FoodService Director;3/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p40
The article talks about a variety of corn-based dishes. At the University of Connecticut, in Storrs, corn is featured in several Southwest-inspired recipes including chipotle turkey with corn salsa, roasted corn and quinoa salad, and grilled chicken with corn relish. At the Indiana University in...
- 8 Steps to Becoming More Allergy Friendly. ANTICO, PAUL // Food Management;Oct2014, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p17
The article offers tips from University of Connecticut's chef Robert Landolphi on how to keep students safe with food allergies. Suggestions offered include providing students information about smart health choices, giving students more options such as cook-to-order stations for food-allergic...
- His Own Man. // FoodService Director;2/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p34
The article features Dennis Pierce, food service director of the University of Connecticut's Dining Services program. Since 2006, he has begun reorganizing the department to give it a greater culinary focus and to better provide for the needs of Dining Services employees. Renovations have...