Frying on the Fly
- Chewing the FAT. Tecco, Betsy Dru // Current Health 1;Oct2006, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p24
This article presents facts about fats, trans fats and low-fat diets.
- Academy disperses technology of fats. Tiffany, Susan // Candy Industry;Oct93, Vol. 158 Issue 10, p30
Reports on the two-day seminar sponsored by the Swedish fats supplier Karlshamns through its Oils and Fats Academy on May, 1993. Objective; Program moderator and speakers; Theory of fat crystallization; Physical properties of fats; Sensory properties of chocolate; Evaluation methods for fat...
- You Asked For It. // Consumers' Research Magazine;Mar1999, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p9
Presents a question and answer on sheanut oil or menhaden oil. Information on sheanut oil as a food ingredient; Discussion on the uses of menhaden oil.
- Oil is not what it seems. Stehlin, Dori // FDA Consumer;Mar1993, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p30
Reports how a New Jersey firm that repacks bulk edible oil was recently convicted of substituting a cheaper type of edible oil for that identified on the container label. Fine and sentence given Oasis Trading Col, Inc., of Hillside, N.J., by Judge Stanley Chesler, US District Court for the...
- Just the oil facts. Schmidt, Stephen // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Mar94, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p12
Presents facts on oils and fats. Caloric and fat contents of oils; Comparison of the caloric and trans fatty acid contents of butter and margarine; Cholesterol contents of fats; Nature of trans or unsaturated fats; Health aspects of olive oil; Comparison between canola oil and olive oil; Nature...
- Vegetable fats. Lang, Joan // Restaurant Business;4/10/95, Vol. 94 Issue 6, p106
Discusses the multiple uses for vegetable oil-based products. Types of edible fats; Qualities of table and cooking oils; Availability of synthetic fat substitutes.
- Trans Fatty Acids. Sheline, Carolyn // Medical Update;2003, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p8
Presents a letter to the editor about the absence of zero trans fats in margarine with hydrogenated oil.
- Four Fat Rules. Christopher, Maura // Scholastic Choices;Sep99, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p23
Part I. Presents four simple rules about fats. Nutritional aspects; Calories; Fats to avoid; Dietary requirements; Substitution of healthful fats for less healthful ones.
- Lame Duck? // Shape;Dec2011, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p78
The article reports on an increased interest which consumers have shown in purchasing bottled duck fat and cooking with it and discusses health claims which have been made about consuming duck fat.