- IN COLLEGES: Grab-n-go adds revenue boost in remote sites. // FoodService Director;9/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p52
Reports on the marketing of grab-and-go food items by college and university food service operators in the United States. Purpose of the move; Details of the food program at the University of California-Los Angeles; Establishment of The Atrium foodcourt at Ball State University in Muncie,...
- Truck Stop Dining on Campus. // Food Management;Oct2010, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p10
The article focuses on the food trucks that some colleges in the U.S. are using as an added component to the campus dining mix. The Associated Students of University of California, Los Angeles invited independent food truck operators to become licensed campus food stations. The Massachusetts...
- Kogi Truck Culture. Choy, Vivian // InterActions: UCLA Journal of Education & Information Studies;2011, Vol. 7 Issue 1, preceding p1
Food trucks have become a large phenomenon in many parts of Southern California. In fact, the University of California, Los Angeles had begun permitting several food trucks to park on campus for hungry students, in response to the closure of the Bombshelter, a major campus food court. These...
- Marketplace units 'star' at UCLA. // FoodService Director;10/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p3
Reports on the success of two marketplace-style dining halls in the University of California's Los Angeles campus. Improvement of bottom-line productivity at the Hedrick and Rieber halls; Plan of one of the closed dining centers to convert into an upscale catering facility.
- Politically-Correct Java. // Food Management;Apr2001, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p17
Reports on the Associated Students of the University of California's (ASUCLA) promotion of the Fair Trade Coffee. ASUCLA's agreement with the coffee growers; Qualities of the coffee drink sold.
- UCLA'S NEWEST, CORNELL'S ON THE WEB: UPGRADES PAVE WAY FOR CAMPUS F/S GAINS. // FoodService Director;8/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p14
Reports on the opening of DeNeve residential dining facility at the University of California in Los Angeles. Features of the facility; Food offerings at the facility.
- Food for great thoughts. // Food Management;Feb2000, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p68
Highlights Cafe Synapse in the Gonda Neuroscience and Genetics Research Center at the University of California, Los Angeles. Distinctive features; Average daily traffic; Seating capacity; Annual sales volume; Service style; Staff and consultant.
- UCLA `re-engineers' f/s, adds brands, new options. // FoodService Director;08/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p1
Details the radical transformation of the Associated Students of the University of California Los Angeles' (UCLA) dining program. Reopening and repositioning of its food locations; Combinations of lease-space options using national branded concepts and standardizing in-house brands; Projected...
- East meets South at UCLA. // FoodService Director;7/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p1
The article focuses on Rendezvous, a cafÃ© at the University of California-Los Angeles that serves both Asian and Mexican food. As a test, it opened with limited hours, and it will operate again in the fall of 2006 and will be open all day. Food options range from orange chicken to Thai salad...