Expertise in Expansion
- bang for the renovation buck. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Aug2007, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p74
The article focuses on the remodeling of the cafeteria at St. Francis Health System under the leadership of director Lisette Coston in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The consultant recommended a $2.4 million renovation priced that proved unreasonable. Coston and her team renovated the canteen with a series of...
- Lisette Coston: Renewed Commitment. King, Paul // FoodService Director;5/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p42
The article profiles Lisette Coston, executive director for support service at the Saint Francis Health System in Tulsa, Oklahoma. It describes her role and responsibilities as executive director who oversees food service, environmental services, laundry and patient transportation. It discusses...
- The Surprising Trick Used by the World's MOST SATISFIED "UN-DIETERS". Buckley, Susan // Natural Solutions;Dec2012/Jan2013, Issue 149, p60
The author offers suggestion on the adoption of nutrient synergy for achieving weight loss. Topics discussed include consumption of nutrition such as calcium and Vitamin D, focus on weight loss fibers such as glucomannan and pectin, and consumption of polyphenols which are antioxidants extracted...
- Program at Army Hospital Increases Healthy Items. // FoodService Director;12/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p8
The article reports that the foodservice department at Evans Army Community Hospital in Fort Carson, Colorado has developed a healthy eating and lifestyle program. The program's goal is to change the negative perception of healthy foods, thereby creating healthier patients, staff and families....
- Hospitals Put NUTRITION on the Front Burner. VESELY, REBECCA // Hospitals & Health Networks;Mar2014, Vol. 88 Issue 3, p30
The article looks at the promotion of hospitals and health systems in the U.S. of healthy living by improving their food offerings to better address the needs of communities they serve. It explores the implementation of health systems of programs that allow patients to experience better...
- Fruit Salad Twists. // FoodService Director;8/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p67
The article looks at efforts by Aatul Jain, executive chef at Saint Clare's Health System in New Jersey, to modernize and incorporate more healthful items into the hospital menu.
- Low fat yet rich in texture, Greek yoghurt proves irresistible to consumers. // Wellness Foods Europe;Nov2012, Issue 3, p4
The article discusses the market for Greek yoghurt in Europe. The Greek yogurt has gained popularity in the US and now is set to capture the European market. It is has rich creamy texture, is healthy and filling. Food producers looking to maximise the potential of the low fat growth in the...
- ROOM SERVICE TO THE RESCUE: Wash. hosp. holds line on
costs, staff. // FoodService Director;2/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p10
Reports on the satisfaction of customers over the room service offered by the foodservice operators of the Mary Lane Hospital in Ware, Maryland. Comment from foodservice operations manager Diana Hitchcock; Availability of the room service; Average meal cost.
- NEARS TOP OF PRESS, GANEY SCALE: Texas hosp. raises focus on service. // FoodService Director;6/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p10
States that Shannon Medical Center in San Angelo, Texas, has increased patient satisfaction in its food service. Patient satisfaction scores of Shannon; Efforts of Shannon to increase patient satisfaction; Menu changes.