STEAL THIS IDEA
- Simply Soup. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;10/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p46
This article focuses on the signature soups being offered by several school- and hospital-foodservices in the U.S. According to Tom Driscoll, director of food services at the University of Oregon in Eugene, their version is on the menu daily at the Dux Bistro, where there is also a second...
- Chicago School Workers Survey: Kids Not Eating Healthy New Options. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;1/25/2012, p6
The article discusses a survey of 436 foodservice workers in the Chicago Public School system cafeterias showing that children are not eating healthy foods that workers call for changes in the school meal program and having kitchens in schools to provide fresh foods instead of frozen replacements.
- MENU TRENDS: ON-SITE SALES Drivers NUTRITION. Peters, James // Nation's Restaurant News;6/21/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 25, p35
Reports on onsite foodservice operators' development of health-conscious programs as an increasing number of people become diet-conscious consumers in the United States. Evidence that nutrition has become a mainstream trend in onsite cafeterias; Aramark's development of customizable nutrition...
- Healthy school snacks delayed by producers. Bill, Tom // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;9/7/2006, Vol. 196 Issue 4441, p6
The article reveals that food manufacturers in Great Britain have not developed new products that complies with the government's new nutritional standards. Because of such actions, schools will be left with a shortage of healthy drink and snack options in September 2006. It is noted that drink...
- Survey: Schools Focus on Meeting New Meal Regs. // FoodService Director;9/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p1
The article highlights the Back to School Trends Report of the School Nutrition Association which shows that school foodservice departments are adjusting to the new meal regulations.
- Carrots & Cupcakes? King, Paul // FoodService Director;10/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p14
This article comments on a survey that was released by the School Nutrition Association, which asked members to indicate how successful are their districts at implementing nutrition standards for cafeteria and other meals, installing nutrition education programs and improving the amount of...
- In New Child Nutrition Study: USDA raises concerns over kids & foodservice. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p24
Presents the findings of the United States Department of Agriculture's Economic Research Service which raises concerns on the nutritional quality of children's diets. Nutritional content of food from table-service restaurants and other food establishments; Foods consumed by children at home;...
- FOOD PSYCHOLOGY 101: Cafeteria Categories. Wills, Steven R. // Odyssey;May2004, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p30
Presents information on nutritional tips that can be picked up by students in the school cafeteria.
- STEAL THIS IDEA. // FoodService Director;9/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p20
The article looks at the approach of several institutions in the U.S. in their foodservices. Bread were switched for grilled cheese sandwiches to whole meat at the University of Wisconsin to get more fiber and whole grains into the students' diet. University of New Hampshire produces artisan...