- New Positions. // Chef Magazine;Sep2005, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p8
Reports on career developments of chefs and executives in the food service industry in the U.S. Employment of Stefano Bellato as executive chef at Cascina, a restaurant in New York; Appointment of Paul Carter as executive chef at the Phoenician in Scottsdale, Arizona; Promotion of Lance Gummere...
- Fake. Vigue, Adam // 21st Century;Mar94, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p23
The article presents the poem "Fake," by Adam Vigue. First Line: Who do you think you are? Last Line: Fake.
- WORDS FROM Christi Ravneberg. Ravneberg, Christi // Nation's Restaurant News;11/12/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 45, p106
The author relates the lessons she learned from a restaurant job. She got a job for a restaurant company in Ohio where she got a crash course in business which shaped her entire career. Her experience as a hostess and later food runner, office assistant and manager at Oscar's Restaurant & Wine...
- News in Brief. // Malakoff News (TX);6/15/2007, Vol. 98 Issue 24, p3A
The article offers news briefs related to career development and food service program sponsorship in Malakoff, Texas.
- My First Job. // FoodService Director;7/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p18
Features several food service directors and their experiences in establishing a career in the industry in the U.S. Todd Coutee of Spirit Cruises; Sally Minier of Lehman Brothers; Nona Golledge of the University of Kansas in Lawrence.
- Packing Lunches. // FoodService Director;1/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p12
The author discusses how his cooking experience as a child helped him in his career in the food service industry.
- SFM creates Women's Council, aims to promote female members' careers. Elan, Elissa // Nation's Restaurant News;5/9/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 19, p27
Reports that the Society for Foodservice Management (SFM) has created a Women's Council in an attempt to empower female members as well as promote their leadership opportunities and career development. Council expected to assist SFM in growing its number of female members; Brainchild of three...
- New Positions. // Chef Magazine;Sep2007, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p11
The article announces career developments of cooks and executives in the food service industry in the U.S. including Steven Alexander's employment as sommelier at Spiaggia restaurant in Chicago, Illinois, the joining of Mitchelle Dy as pastry chef at JiRaffe Restaurant in Santa Monica,...
- milestones. // FoodService Director;6/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p22
The article announces career developments involving food service directors in the U.S., including Pete Napolitano who was hired as director of auxiliary services at Binghamton University, Mark Bruno who was promoted to president of Aramark Stadiums and Arenas, and Kathleen Kane, director of...