Sodexo Implements Vtrim Program
- Food fight! McAllister, J.F.O.; Horowitz, Janice M. // Time;11/25/1996, Vol. 148 Issue 24, p23
Lists the five best and five worst top colleges and universities in terms of the healthfulness of their food-service offerings, as ranked by the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine.
- COLLEGES: Portable foods fuel campus volume gains. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;05/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p78
Reports on the offering of take-out foods in universities and colleges in the United States. Problems regarding take-out foods; Details on take-out menus; Information on the Survival Bag offered by Reginald Dow director of dining services at Johnson & Wales University in Rhode Island.
- IN COLLEGE: Brands leading the switch to grab-&-go life. // FoodService Director;11/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p61
Reports on the role of brands in leading the food service trend towards grab-and-go foods in colleges. Ready-to-drink soup from Campbell; Introduction of Wetzel's Pretzels; Popularity of the said products among the students.
- From Campus Meal Plans: Students demand--and get--more choice. // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p16
Asserts that students in the United States demand flexibility when it comes to meal plans. How Penn State in University Park, Pennsylvania addresses the demand of students for convenience; Details of the Flex Plan used by Radford University in Virginia; Strategies used by universities and...
- Meeting varied demand. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p95
Describes the typical diet of a college student in the United States. Nutritional promotions run in the residence halls and cash operations at East Carolina University in Greenville, North Carolina; Importance of listing nutritional information; Meals offered to college students.
- UNC Dining Allows Kids to Eat for Reduced Rate. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;11/24/2014, p3
The article reports on the child meal plans offered by the Top of Lenoir and Rams Head dining halls of the University of North Carolina campus as reported by the "Daily Tar Heel."
- Looking Up: About Grab-&-Go. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p34
Looks at the grab-and-go dining lifestyle of college students in the United States. Variety of food students want; Students' means of purchasing food; Outlook for college food service; Emerging operating and menu trends for the third millennium.
- Smart Eating. Bailey, Peter // Time;10/11/2004, Vol. 164 Issue 15, p103
Mentions how colleges such as the University of California at Santa Barbara and Syracuse University have begun working to challenge dining hall menus and introduce classes on weight loss to prevent freshman from gaining extra weight. Lobbying by the school nutritionist at Syracuse for healthy...
- Monster meal! Butterworth IV, W.E. // Boys' Life;Jan1994, Vol. 84 Issue 1, p8
Surveys the cooking of 12,000 meals daily for the midshipmen at the US Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland. The king-sized kitchen; Number of calories in each balanced daily diet; What `plebes' are; Tips on being patrol chef and getting Cooking merit badge. INSET: Naval Academy fast facts..