Channeling the College Environment
- Disney grants Hammel's wish: Freedom to create. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;11/03/97, Vol. 31 Issue 44, p18
Reports that Steve Hammel, the manager of concept development for Disneyland in Anaheim, California, has became part of the group designing the next generation of foodservice for the theme park. Career background; Hammel's comments about his job at Disneyland.
- At Conn. Naval Base: Customer Counts Increase by 400%. // FoodService Director;07/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p18
Talks about the reason behind the increase in customer traffic at Naval Submarine Base New London in Groton, Connecticut. Details on the installation of Mean Gene's Burgers and Hot Stuff Pizza in a bowling center at the base; Developer of the concepts; Most popular items; Source of competition...
- Naval gourmet. Sabatini Jr., Frank // Gay & Lesbian Times;11/13/2003, Issue 829, p50
Features the kind of food being served to U.S. navy personnel at 32nd Street Naval Station in California. Types of foods being served; Contribution of chef Jeff Rossman in improving the kitchen operations and food quality.
- milestones. // FoodService Director;3/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p18
The article announces the recipients of the 2008 International Foodservice Manufacturers Association (IFMA) Silver Plate Awards, including Pat H. Farris, Amy Greenberg and Steve Hammel.
- Creative Captain. King, Paul // FoodService Director;5/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p26
The article looks at the career of Steve Hammel, dining services program manager for MWR in the U.S. Navy, in the foodservice industry. Hammel has worked in almost every facet of the business. But for him, the career has been not so much about titles and money as it has been about learning....
- Papparazzi versus mainstream press. Bishop, Ed // St. Louis Journalism Review;Oct97, Vol. 28 Issue 200, p18
Presents an interview with Steve Hammel, KMOV (Channel 4)'s news director. Background information on Hammel; His views of the media.
- ARAMARK SIGNS UP FOR SIX YEARS IN THE NAVY. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;4/19/2007, Vol. 197 Issue 4472, p7
The article reports that contract caterer Aramark has been awarded a six-year deal to supply catering, retail and leisure services to personnel on HMS Nelson and the Portsmouth Naval Base. Under the terms of the latest contract, Aramark will deliver a "Pay as you Dine" service, a Ministry of...
- MARKET MATTERS. // FoodService Director;10/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p6
Provides an update on the food service industry in the U.S. as of October 15, 2005. Winners of the 3rd annual Military Culinary War held at the Restaurant Association of Maryland trade show in Baltimore in September; Agreement signed by Sodexho to open and operate licensed Starbucks Coffee...
- Open for Business...Receives of approval. O'Leary, Tim // All Hands;Aug94, Issue 928, p24
The article features the amenities of the Naval Station Everett in Everett, Washington.