- Regulatory issues cloud global M&A forecast. Ryan, Vincent // Telephony;07/17/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 3, p40
Reports on the merger and acquisition (M&A) activities in the telecommunications sector in the first half of the year 2000. Deal value of mergers and acquisitions in information technology, communications and media in North America; Forecasts of Transaction Services Group on the M&A deals in the...
- Optical Networking Shows Us The Money. Phillips, Barry W. // Business Communications Review;Feb2000, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p14
Forecasts the profitability of using optical networking in telecommunication. Consolidations and mergers in the telecommunication industry; Initial public offering for telecommunication companies in optical networking; Importance of scalable, metro-area optical platforms.
- News Headlines. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;December2004, Vol. 3 Issue 12, p244
Reports on developments involving companies in the telecommunication industry worldwide. Acquisition of Interwave Communications International Ltd. by Alvarion Ltd.; Forecast of Nokia Corp. on the sales of mobile devices in 2005; Negotiations undertaken by BT Global Services for a major network...
- Closed circle? McClelland, Stephen // Telecommunications - International Edition;Apr2006, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p6
The article reflects on the merging of mobile telecommunications companies in the United States. The author believes it's too early to see what the outcome of the mega-mergers would be and discusses the two views on the issue that arise. He mentions the benefits and problems telecommunication...
- Cable's go-go years. Colman, Price // Broadcasting & Cable;06/14/99, Vol. 129 Issue 25, p36
Discusses the factors expected to influence the consolidation of the cable television industry in the United States through the year 2000. Encouragement of competition through the 1996 Telecommunications Act; Major private equity investors; Outcome of the biggest industry mergers in the late...
- WFI ACQUIRES EUROPEAN TELECOM CONSULTANCY QUESTUS LTD. // Worldwide Telecom;Oct2000, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p4
Provides information on the merger of telecommunication companies Questus Ltd. and Wireless Facilities Inc.
- US mergers that DON'T WORK. Basson, Deon // Finance Week;01/19/2001, p10
Focuses on the mergers of media and entertainment companies in the United States. Consolidation of America Online with Time Warner; Details of the merger between National Broadcasting Co. and General Electric; Acquisition of the American Broadcasting Corp. by Disney; Contributions of media...
- $30m phone account. // Advertising Age's Euromarketing;12/03/96, Vol. 10 Issue 13, p1
Focuses on the merger of Mannesman subsidiary Communications Network International and DBKBm, to set up a rival operation to Deutsche Telekom. Agencies asked to pitch to the venture.
- Should Communications Services be Permitted to Consolidate? CON. Behn, Sosthenes // Congressional Digest;Apr30, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p115
Presents the views of Sosthenes Behn, President of the International Telephone and Telegraph Co. favoring the consolidation of the communications services in the U.S. Merger of wire and wireless companies rendering an international service; Establishment of the proposed communications...