- Motient Tees Off With eLink. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;03/12/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p30
Focuses on how golfers, staff and officials of the Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA) benefit from the Research In Motion Ltd.'s e-mail service provided by Motient Corp. Terms of the agreement of LPGA and Motient; Importance of the deal to Motient.
- Motient Re-Enters Messaging Market. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;7/1/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 26, p12
Deals with the re-entry of Motient Corp. in the wireless data market following a bankruptcy period. Core strategy of the firm with its re-entry; Challenge facing the firm in the market; Advantages of Motient over cellular carriers; Sales pitch of Motient with its service; Comments from Roberta...
- Motient's Big Push For A Consumer Base. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;01/15/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p28
Provides information on the two-way wireless messaging service of Motient Corp. called eLink Fortified with Yahoo. Plan of the company to expand into the consumer segment; Marketing strategy of the company; Background of the company; Response of the market.
- Motient to provide data to GE transportation business. // RCR;07/17/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 29, p22
Reports that Motient Corp. has signed an agreement with General Electric Co. to provide circuit switched satellite data communications services to the latter's transportation business operations, GE Transportation Systems.
- BUSINESS BRIEFS. // Wireless Week;7/16/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 29, p19
Presents news briefs on the telecommunication industry as of July 16, 2001. Warning issued by TeleCommunications Systems Inc. on its second-quarter revenue; Partnership between Motient Corp. and software development company Geneer; Amount secured by ReefEdge Inc. in a second round of funding...
- BITS. // Wireless Week;1/14/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p20
Presents updates on wireless communication companies as of January 14, 2002. Discussion on the cellular and broadband services plan of InterWAVE for the Federated States of Micronesia; Information on MobileModem from Motient Corp.; Agreement between vVault and Genient.
- What's In A Name? A Break With Past. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;05/01/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 18, p16
Reports on the decision of American Mobile Satellite Corp. (AMSC), a provider of integrated satellite and terrestrial networks, to change its name to Motient Corp. Other wireless companies who changed their business names; Move of Motient to offer mobile Internet services; Subscriber and...
- Business Briefs. // Wireless Week;04/09/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 15, p15
Presents financial information on several companies in the wireless industry in the United States as of April 9, 2001. Purchase of exchangeable notes from Motient Corp. by Rare Medium Group Inc.; Decision of WRQ Inc. to divest its NetMotion unit; Funding secured by AirMedia from Citigroup...
- Widening Losses, Additional Cuts. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;7/23/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 30, p4
Presents news briefs on telecommunication companies in the United States as of July 2001. Measures taken by Handspring Inc. to address its losses; Information on the restructuring plan of Crown Castle International Corp.; Decrease in stocks of Motient Corporation.