Cooking Up Some Long-Term Survival
- Conxus files chapter 7, shuts off network. Bruno, Antony // RCR;08/30/99, Vol. 18 Issue 35, p3
Reports on Conxus Communications Inc.'s filing of bankruptcy and closure of its telecommunications operations in the United States. Conxus' claims on the contributions of Motorola Inc. and other creditors' actions on its decision to cease operations; Notice issued by the company to resellers...
- 'It's a different business now'. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;12/10/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 50, p1
Reports on the bankruptcy to be filed by independent paging and messaging carriers Motorola Inc. and Glenayre Technologies Inc. in 2001. Decision of the companies to exit the business by the middle of 2002; Reason for the decision of Motorola to leave the industry.
- Iridium Africa says parent's bankruptcy shouldn't affect permit award. Frewen, Sara // RCR;09/13/99, Vol. 18 Issue 37, p66
Reports on the statement by Iridium Africa that Iridium LLC's financial restructuring and voluntary bankruptcy filing are not expected to financially affect it. Independent company wholly owned by the Mawarid Group; Iridium Africa's holding of licenses to provide Iridium LLC's telecom services...
- The Sky Really Is Falling. Markels, Alex // U.S. News & World Report;11/8/2004, Vol. 137 Issue 16, pEE6
Describes the business failure of Motorola and Iridium, who teamed up to offer wireless communications anywhere in the world using artificial satellites, but went bankrupt. Role of Motorola executives, Barry Bertiger and Robert Galvin, who pushed for the technology; Reasons for the failure;...
- MOTORALA SUCCESSFULLY TETS GPRS PTT AT FASTLINK IN AMMAN. // Worldwide Telecom;Sep2003, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p5
Reports on an agreement signed by Motorola Global Telecom Solutions Sector with Fastlink to pilot the General Radio Packet Service Push-to-Talk solution by Motorola as of September 2003.
- MOTOROLA TO SUPPLY SECURE TETRA RADIO SYSTEM FOR OLYMPICS. // Worldwide Telecom;Feb2004, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the two-way radio communications system provided by the Commercial, Government and Industrial Solutions Sector of Motorola Inc., together with Science Applications International Corp. and Siemens to be used by public safety agencies during the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens as of...
- Motorola launches $100-million global ad campaign. // Mobile Radio Technology;Jul98, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p42
Reports on the global advertising campaign launched by Motorola Inc. to generate unified brand awareness for its consumer products.
- Fla. town to install Motorola network. // RCR;12/08/97, Vol. 16 Issue 48, p10
Focuses on Motorola's SmartZone analog system which is replacing the existing very high frequency (VHF)/ultra high frequency (UHF) communications systems used by government department and agencies in Hialeah, Florida. Description of the system; Comments by Tom McGrath, who is managing the...
- Motorola LMPS deploys SmartZone OmiLink. // RCR;02/16/98, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p22
Reports that Motorola Incorporated has deployed the SmartZone OmniLink wide-area two-way radio communications system for Western Resources company. Background information on Western Resources company; Features of the telecommunications system; Views of Joe Wilden, a Western Resources project...