Lyons Hands Over Cellular One Reins
- Western to become Cellular One partner. // RCR;06/28/99, Vol. 18 Issue 26, p10
Reports on Cellular One Inc.'s partnership with Western Wireless Inc. for the promotion of Cellular's telecommunication services in the United States.
- Late News. // RCR Wireless News;12/8/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 49, p1
Presents news briefs on the wireless telecommunications industry as of December 8, 2003. Launch of picture-messaging capabilities to the Axcess wireless data offering of Alltel Corp.; Introduction of the OpenDoor wireless Internet access service for the Cellular One customers of Western...
- Home on the Web. Goldman, Chris // Wireless Review;Nov2001, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p18
Focuses on the 1XRTT wireless data service provided by Western Wireless to the residents of Terry, Montana. Plans of Cellular One to provide commercial deployment of the service in the area; Advantages of the service; Performance of the wireless data service. INSET: Creative Data.
- Cellular One Starts Chapter Two. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;7/30/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 31, p20
Reports on the turnover of the full ownership of Cellular One Group Inc. to Western Wireless Corp. Significance of the transfer of ownership; Estimated customers of Cellular One brand; Lawsuit filed by Cellular One against AT & T Wireless.
- CellularOne lands Farm Bureau cellular phone contract. // Wenatchee Business Journal;Sep98, Vol. 12 Issue 9, pA9
Reports on the contract of CellularOne of Wenatchee to provide cell phone and communication services for family farms and agribusiness in six counties across Washington for the Washington Farm Bureau. Comment from Steve Appel, president of the Washington State Farm Bureau; Term of the contract.
- Cellular One launches campaign on Web. // RCR Wireless News;9/10/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 37, p18
Reports on the launch of an online advertising campaign by Cellular One Group in 2001.
- Western Likely To Win In N.D. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;08/30/99, Vol. 5 Issue 35, p3
Reports that the state of North Dakota is expected to approve the application of Western Wireless Corp. for an `eligible telecommunications carrier' (ETC) status in August 1999. Effect of the anticipated approval; Information on the problems faced by Western in applying for an ETC status in...
- WESTERN WIRELESS TO SELL INTEREST IN ICELANDIC WIRELESS FIRM. // Worldwide Telecom;Dec2002, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the sale of the interest of Western Wireless International Corp. at Icelandic wireless operator Tal hf to Islandssmi hf.
- Western Wireless holds PCS luau. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;3/4/96, Vol. 230 Issue 10, p3
Reports that Western Wireless has developed its first commercial personal communications services in 1996. Name of service; Locations where service was launched.