Forces of Consolidation At Work
- Melancholy market stalls Verizon's planned Price buy. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;8/6/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 32, p4
Reports on the delay of the planned acquisition of Price Communications Corp. by Verizon Communications as of August 2001. Reasons for the delay; Value of the deal; Impact of the delay on Price; Options for Price if Verizon withdraws from the agreement.
- Verizon, Price agree to new deal. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;12/24/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 52, p3
Reports on the acquisition of the company Price Communications by Verizon Wireless. Value of the acquisition; Debt of Price that Verizon would assume; Details of the acquisition.
- Price Deal Closer to Completion. // Wireless Week;5/27/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 21, p4
Reports on the expected closing of the acquisition of Price Communications Corp. by Verizon Wireless as of May 2002. Value of the transaction; Terms of the deal.
- M&A: Rewriting telecoms. Fasoli, Marco // Telecommunications - International Edition;Sep98, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p21
Focuses on the changes in the international telecommunications industry in the 1990s attributed to merger and acquisition trends. Value of telecommunication merger transactions in the 1990s; Factors acting as catalysts of change in the industry; Framework changes and competition.
- It's official: EchoStar, Hughes file merger application. Storey, Denis // Satellite Broadband;Jan2002, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p30
Reports that EchoStar and Hughes filed their merger application with the United States Federal Communications Commission. Arguments for the merger applications; Response of the National Cable and Telecommunications Association to the merger; Impact of the merger to consumers.
- Archipelago-RediBook Combo Eyes Institutions. Schroeder, Mary // Securities Industry News;12/3/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 47, p1
Reports the merger between electronic communications networks (ECN) Archipelago and Redi-Book in the United States. Effect of the merger on the stock market; Projections on the potential loss of market shares for ECN; Details on the provisions of the merger.
- Merger Mania Makes the OSS Connection. Blake, Pat // America's Network;12/01/99, Vol. 103 Issue 18, pS-20
Discusses the role of operations support systems (OSS) in the merger in telecommunication community. Comments from Pete Dailey, a partner at Frost & Sullivan; Significance of the union of AT&T and Tele-Communications Inc.
- Golden handcuffs. // America's Network;02/15/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 3, p37
Presents information on the advantages of real options approach to potential acquisition targets of telecommunication companies. Comparison between traditional merge and acquisition processes and real options; Consolidation of competitive local exchange carriers; How real option works.
- Welcome to the bone yard. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;03/05/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 10, p40
Comments on the trend in mergers and acquisitions (M&A) in the telecommunications industry as of March 2001. Use of M&A as a strategy to survive in the business; Prevalence of layoffs among telecommunications companies; Problems and challenges brought about by M&A: Need for the companies to...