Boeing Wins Landmark Broadband License
- PCS auction shatters record. Stern, Christopher // Broadcasting & Cable;12/12/94, Vol. 124 Issue 50, p14
Reports on the Federal Communications Commission's auction for personal communications services (PCS) licenses. Money raised in the government auction; Proposal for alternative uses for the money raised; Partnership formed between bidders.
- PCS license limbo. // Telephony;11/02/98, Vol. 235 Issue 18, p48
Informs that the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has lost the right for now to licenses currently tied up in litigation.
- FCC adopts date, rules for 220MHz service. // Mobile Radio Technology;Jul98, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p42
Reports on the United States Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) rescheduling of the auction date for the 220MHz-222MHz licenses. Issuance of the Memorandum of Opinion and Order on Reconsideration; Comment by Alan Shark, president of the American Mobile Telecommunications Association.
- FCC clarifies ULS forms. // RCR;06/22/98, Vol. 17 Issue 25, p18
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission has clarified that paging carriers cannot use Form 900 when electronically renewing their licenses through the Universal Licensing System (ULS). Forms that should be used when renewing through ULS; Information on Form 900; Details...
- FCC re-auction of 220 MHZ licenses set. // RCR;11/30/98, Vol. 17 Issue 48, p42
Announces the re-auction of several licenses for 220 MHz service by the Federal Communications Commission on June 8, 1998. Proposed minimum bids; Requirements for potential bidders.
- Next PCS auction due in August. // Telephony;5/8/95, Vol. 228 Issue 19, p10
Announces the Federal Communications Commission's auction of personal communications services (PCS) licenses starting on August 2, 1995. Deadline for submission of bidding applications.
- 746-806 MHz Auction In Motion. // Wireless Week;11/15/99, Vol. 5 Issue 46, p1
Focuses on a report submitted by the United States Federal Communications Commission that sets forth a timetable for the year 2000 auction of licenses. Megahertz range covered by the licenses.
- Market reforms in telecommunications licensing. Barnes, Daniel D. // Administrative Law Review;Fall96, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p439
Presents an analysis of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) auction of Personal Communications Services (PCS) licenses. Status of the telecommunications industry; Problem with the current licensing process; PCS auction as a case study for the use of auctions.
- 39 GHz: A Day Later, A Few Dollars Shorter. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;01/31/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p16
Focuses on the licenses offered by the United States Federal Communications Commission for a wide range of telecommunication service at 39 gigahertz (GHz). Services that can be offered under the band; Revision made by the commission on its proposed formula for up front payments.