Sonera May Close Or Sell U.S. Zed Operations
- Sonera ready with HSCSD network, but waiting on handsets. // RCR;09/06/99, Vol. 18 Issue 36, p28
Focuses on Finnish operator Sonera's plan to rollout its High Speed Circuit Switched Data network in Finland.
- Sonera predicts quality positioning services in five years. Evers, Joris // InfoWorld;04/02/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p59C
Focuses on location-based services introduced by the Sonera company. Why location-based services use the setup of mobile networks; Approach used by the company to solve part of the privacy issue in location-based services.
- Sonera to launch UMTS services in September. // RCR Wireless News;3/25/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p6
Announces the plan of Finnish operator Sonera to launch commercial Universal Mobile Telecommunication System (UMTS) services on September 26, 2002. Significance of the move to third-generation telecommunication systems in Europe; Background of the company's UMTS operation in Finland; Supplier...
- Zed ahead. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;08/14/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 7, p46
Reports on the creation of Sonera Zed company in the United States Finnish wireless telecommunication operator Sonera company. Partnership of Sonera with Powertel company; Importance of the move of Sonera company; Overview of the deal.
- FROG multiple-ring network provides backdoor optical route to Moscow. Harroff, Edward // Lightwave;Apr2000, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p1
Focuses on the completion in Russia, of the final rings of the international communication network of Sonera, which links major cities between New York and Moscow. Difficulties encountered in the installation of the network; Potential benefits of the network; Operator licenses given to Sonera.
- Sonera Prepares For 3G Launch. // Wireless Week;9/2/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 32, p4
Reports on the preparation of Sonera for the launching of its third generation wireless communication service. Network to be used in the launching.
- Sonera zed prepares cautious entry into wireless Internet. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;08/28/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 35, p30
Highlights the plan of Sonera zed U.S. Inc. to enter the mobile electronic commerce market.
- Sonera opens 3G network. // RCR Wireless News;1/7/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p22
Reports on the opening of the third-generation wireless network of Sonera Corp. in Finland. Towns covered by the network operation; Total costs of building the network; Minority stakes of Sonera in other European companies.
- Sonera to conduct `3G-like' trials. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;03/20/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p50
Reports that Finland's Sonera will conduct `3G-like' trials. Strategy of the company to position itself as a leading mobile commerce facilitator; Back office processes for mobile commerce.