U.S. Cellular Converts To CDMA
- U.S. Cellular revenues increase, net income down. // RCR;07/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p20
Reports the revenue and income generated by United States Cellular Corp. as of June 2000 in Chicago, Illinois.
- CARRIER PUTS FAITH IN BELIEFNET, TRILIBIS. O’Shea, Dan // Telephony;12/1/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 24, p12
Reports on the plan of US Cellular Corp. to announce a mobile community service application in the U.S. Computer company that will assist in the installation of the service; Online multi-faith spiral community where the network will be based; Scalability of the system.
- Roaming revenue boosts U.S. Cellular's financial results. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;10/18/99, Vol. 18 Issue 42, p24
Reports on the improved earnings of Telephone and Data Systems Corp., mainly due to the financial results of United States Cellular Corp. Increase in service revenue and net income; Roaming revenue; Growth in all segments of the business.
- Success with multi-technology networks. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;04/19/99, Vol. 236 Issue 16, p52
No abstract available.
- One Tier 2 Carrier Opens the Internet. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;4/15/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p13
Deals with the approach adopted by U.S. Cellular to provide wireless application protocol (WAP) service and Internet access to customers. Number of customers of the carrier in the U.S.; Features offered by the WAP service of the carrier; Collaboration of the carrier with Novarra to block access...
- Regional carriers enjoy strong quarter, despite customer growth struggles. Hill, Kelly // RCR Wireless News;5/1/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 18, p13
This article reports on the financial performance of several regional wireless carriers in the U.S. as of May 2006. U.S. Cellular saw its average revenue per user decline from $47.88 in 2004 to $46.19 in the third quarter of 2005. Rural Cellular Corp. released preliminary first-quarter figures...
- TDS reports stock dividend, U.S. Cellular impact questioned. // RCR Wireless News;2/21/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p8
Reports on the approval of a stock dividend distribution for the shareholders of Telephone and Data Systems Inc. (TDS) in February 2005. Significance of the distribution to the company's strategic and financial flexibility; Implication of an increase in the stock price of U.S. Cellular Corp. on...
- Carry Phone offers dual capabilities. // RCR;7/1/96, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p12
Reports on United States Cellular Corp.'s plans to introduce its Carry Phone service in a number of its more populated markets in 1996. Features of Carry Phone service; Cost of the service.
- USCC and BellSouth exchange markets. // RCR;11/10/97, Vol. 16 Issue 44, p29
Reports that United States Cellular Corporation has completed their exchange transaction with BellSouth Corporation. Terms of the agreement.