New Group Replaces UWCC
- Data, roaming partnerships key for rural players, USF still stymies. Hill, Kelly // RCR Wireless News;5/15/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p9
The article deals with the emphasis of a conference sponsored by the Rural Cellular Association on the growth in data revenues of telecommunication systems in the U.S. Cingular Wireless LLC CEO Ralph de la Vega argued that the company is on track to expand the network in most major markets by...
- Cingular to invest in Southeast markets. // RCR Wireless News;3/4/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p29
Focuses on the plan of Cingular Wireless to invest in its Southeast markets in the U.S. Comment from Mike Orchard, vice president and general manager for Cingular in Georgia.
- Wireless+sports+interactive messaging=win, win, win. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;1/26/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p8
Focuses on wireless industry's sponsorship of sporting events. Surveys on sports sponsorship deals; Agreement signed by Nextel Communications Inc. with R. J. Reynolds' Winston brand; Relationship of Cingular Wireless LLC with the National Collegiate Athletics Association.
- Salesman To The Stars. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;01/28/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p24
Reports on Cingular Wireless which claims serving several celebrities in the U.S. Examples of celebrities that use the wireless data services of Cingular Wireless; Factor attributed to the strong selling point of Cingular.
- Cingular refocuses advertising message. // RCR Wireless News;3/3/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p13
Reports on the new advertising message of Cingular Wireless as of March 2003. Goal of the advertising message; Top five reasons consumers choose a wireless carrier.
- Cingular's Super Bowl Bid. Swartz, Nikki // Wireless Review;02/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p10
Reports on the estimated amount spent by Cingular telecommunication company in advertising during the television coverage of Super Bowl XXXV in the United States. Overview of the national multimedia campaign of Cingular.
- Verizon breaks from pack on directory-assistance effort. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;6/28/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 26, p3
Reports on the blow suffered by the wireless industry's attempt to establish a publicly accessible directory of wireless numbers as Verizon Wireless revealed that it would not be interested in the directory. Information on the directory Initiative led by the Cellular Telecommunications &...
- Georgia newest state to form wireless group. Motsay, Emily // RCR Wireless News;6/14/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 24, p12
Discusses the formation of the Georgia Wireless Association (GWA) by Cingular Wireless LLC. Function of the group; Focus of the group; Distinction of the GWA from other groups; Details of the first meeting of the GWA held in Atlanta, Georgia on May 25, 2004.
- CPUC telecom bill of rights still 'in play'. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;11/14/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 46, p1
Focuses on the delays in the approval of revision of the telecommunication consumer bill of rights proposed by California Public Utilities Commissioner Susan Kennedy. Factors to consider before approving the proposal according to Commissioner Geoffrey Brown; Stance of the cellular telephone...