Alpha's $1.7B Bridge Loan Kicks Off
- Bank Duo Pitches Alpha Natural Loan. // Bank Loan Report;10/10/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 38, p3
Reports on the credit facility initiated to back Alpha Natural Resources' acquisition of coal assets from the Nicewonder Coal Group by Citigroup Inc. and UBS Capital LLC in the U.S. Amount involved in the deal; Structure of the credit facility; Rating assigned to the transaction by Standard &...
- Alpha to Mine HY Market for $1.7B. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;4/18/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p19
The article reports that Alpha Natural Resources, a coal supplier, will offer 1.7 billion U.S. dollars junk bond in an effort to finance its acquisition of Massey Energy for 7.1 billion U.S. dollars. Massey, a coal producer, is valued at 8.5 billion U.S. dollars. An overview of the financial...
- Diversifying Our Economy Will Make It More Resilient. // State Journal (WV);8/8/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 31, p20
The article presents author's comments on the plans of Alpha Natural Resources Inc. to lay off workers to improve the business in the U.S.
- Alpha Taps HY Market for $1.5B. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;5/23/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 21, p15
The article reports that Alpha Natural Resources, a coal supplier, has sold junk bonds worth 1.5 billion U.S. dollars with proceeds to be used to fund its acquisition of Massey Energy.
- Goodwill Write-Down Contributes to Alpha Loss in Q4. // State Journal (WV);3/2/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p5
The article offers information on the net loss of Alpha Natural Resources Inc. during fourth quarter of 2011 due to a 745 million dollars goodwill impairment charge.
- Alpha Stock Drops After Massey Announcement. Ross, Jim // State Journal (WV);2/4/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p11
The article reports on the drop of Alpha Natural Resources Inc.'s stock price by 72% on January 31, 2011.
- Alpha Settles Massey Slurry Lawsuit. // State Journal (WV);7/29/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 29, p2
The article reports on the settlement of the seven-year-old lawsuit against Alpha Natural Resources Inc. which was filed by about 700 residents of West Virginia who claimed that the company's Massey Energy and Rawl Sales & Processing coal slurry disposal practices ruined their water supplies.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT. // State Journal (WV);9/28/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 38, p2
The article presents information on the market conditions in West Virginia including its stock price index and a snapshot of Alpha Natural Resources Inc.
- Alpha Natural Resources Shuts Down Boone Mine, Cuts 160 Jobs. KUYKENDALL, TAYLOR // State Journal (WV);6/14/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p19
The article reports on the closure of a Boone County, West Virginia mine of Alpha Natural Resources Inc., leaving 160 workers in Madison with the possibility of losing their jobs.