DISCARNATE ENTITIES AND DIMETHYLTRYPTAMINE (DMT): PSYCHOPHARMACOLOGY, PHENOMENOLOGY AND ONTOLOGY
- Models of the Out of Body Experience: A New Multi Etiological Phenomenological Approach. Neppe, Vernon M. // NeuroQuantology;Mar2011, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p72
This paper compares several models of out-of-body experience (OBE) leading a new proposed multi-etiological model. Broadly the unitary hypotheses propose several single broad causes and explanations, though each of these recognizes that any specific explanation may not be all encompassing. These...
- Psychoactive Substances and Paranormal Phenomena: A Comprehensive Review. Luke, David // International Journal of Transpersonal Studies;2012, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p97
This paper investigates the relationship between psychoactive substances and so-called paranormal phenomena falling within the study of parapsychology. It is primarily concerned with extrasensory perception (ESP)--telepathy, precognition, and clairvoyance--as well as out-of-body experiences...
- Book reviews: Arts & humanities. Kriz, L. // Library Journal;11/1/1996, Vol. 121 Issue 18, p72
Reviews the book `The Journey Home: What Near-Death Experiences and Mysticism Teach Us About the Gift of Life,' by Philip L. Berman.
- Twilight Zone Explained. Jarvis, Tim // O, The Oprah Magazine;Dec2007, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p233
The article focuses on the demystification of extrasensory phenomena. These incidents, include déjà vu, near-death experiences, and other out-of-body episodes. According to Nobel Prize-winning neuroscientist Eric Kandel, director of the Kavli Institute for Brain Science at Columbia University,...
- Life during death. Blackmore, Susan // New Statesman & Society;6/25/93, Vol. 6 Issue 258, p30
Presents counter-arguments to the afterlife view as an explanation for near-death experiences (NDE). Problems of interpretation; Similarity of experience among people with no expectations about death; Experiences seem real; Ability to see and hear from a distance; Post-NDE transformation.
- How three lucky people survived plunges from terrifying heights. // Science World;9/3/93, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p20
Presents the near-death experiences of I.M. Chissov, Chris Saggers and Lisa Boyer. Parachute failures; Injuries.
- Near-death experiences. // Mayo Clinic Health Letter;May1998, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p6
Presents information on near-death experiences. Example of a near death experience; Historical information on near-death experiences; Causes of near-death experiences; How to deal with people who have had such an experience. INSET: What's it like?.
- Struck by lightning. Meier, Raymond // Harper's Bazaar;Jun94, Issue 3391, p146
Tells the near-death experiences of four women. Lightning victim Gretel Ehrlich; Ferocious storm survivor Ruth Anne Kocour; Deborah Kiley's sailing accident; Whitewater-rafting experience of Tracy Johnson.
- My Near-Death Experience. Boyles, Denis // Men's Health (10544836);Nov98, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p144
Reflects on a near-death experience. Perception of life; How people can have a near-death experience; Lessons learned from the experience. INSET: Remote-Control Fiancee.