STARZ FOUNDER'S OPTIONS PAY OFF
- Phantom STOCK PLANS: A Way To Benefit Your Business And Your Employees. Basi, Bart A. // Supply House Times;Oct2002, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p117
Focuses on the components of phantom stock plans. Way of retaining key employees; Valuation of shares; Ability of the employees to share the success of the company.
- 3 Kaydon directors forgo cash, bet on stock's performance. Strong, Michael // Crain's Detroit Business;1/20/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p4
Reports on the acceptance of employee incentive plan, phantom stock, by directors of Ann Arbor-based Kaydon Corp. Rewards for executives under the plan; Option to take the cash value of the stock out of the plan; Payment plan of the stock option to the directors; Financial performance of the...
- Phantom stocks can have real benefits. Buescher, Stephen L. // Crain's Cleveland Business;11/09/98, Vol. 19 Issue 45, p23
Explains the benefits of phantom stocks for closely held businesses. Difference between real and phantom stocks; Details on how to draft a phantom stock plan; Voting rights; Valuation methodology.
- Give Away A Stake Without Giving Away Stock. Zipse, Randy; Roper, Jennifer // Advisor Today;Sep2000, Vol. 95 Issue 9, p106
Discusses a phantom stock plan option for retaining employees. How phantom stock plan works; Benefits of a phantom stock plan; Tax rules governing phantom stock plans.
- Stock-Based Compensation Alternatives. Silver-Malyska, Tara E. // Employee Benefits Journal;Dec2001, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p22
Describes the common types of stock options and their tax consequences to employees and employers. Incentive stock options; Employee stock purchase plans; Nonstatutory stock options; Phantom stock plans; Performance share plans; Conclusion.
- A WORLD OF INCENTIVES. Keltto, Larry; Pelletier, Sue; Larkin, Kelle; Baraban, Regina; Brewer, Barbara L.; Rowe, Megan; Miele, Helena; Hard, Lauren // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Sep2004, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p30
Focuses on various travel destinations suitable as employee incentive awards. Hyatt Regency Tamaya in Albuquerque, New Mexico; Ritz Carlton in New Orleans; Four Seasons Hotel in New York City; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; Paris, France; Tahiti.
- Phantom stock. Reiner, Eric L.; McGrath, Dave // Colorado Business Magazine;Sep97, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p22
Recommends phantom stock as a unique way to reward employees. Explanation on phantom stock; Greatest challenge of a phantom stock performance; Valuation formula of a phantom stock plan for service industries and for companies with a large capital investment. INSET: The valuation formula..
- Beyond the basic bonus. Moniz, Jim // Ebn.benefitsnews.com;2/1/2013, p1
The article mentions the role of year-long rewards strategy in employee retention, refers to the utilization of short-term incentive components by several employers, and states that long-term incentives such as shares of stock, stock options and phantom stock can be used to retain top talent.
- Getting a Piece of the Action--At No Cost. McDevitt, Timothy J. // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr89, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p54
The article analyzes the problem of closely held business owners who at one point of time face their key executives who demand "piece of the action." Key executives carry two objectives, one that they want piece for their past and future work also without any phantom income, secondly, he doesn't...