Cable Sweeps Broadcast -- Again
- MegaMillions:. // CableFAX Daily;8/31/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 169, p2
The article reports that new television networks have reached 90 million subscriptions. These include MTV, HGTV, ABC Family, History, Adult Swim, Cartoon, VH1, Food Net, Fox News, Comedy Central, CNBC and FX. This information is according to Nielsen Media Research.
- Military Channel Wins Initial Ratings Battle. Harper, Jennifer // Insight on the News;01/11/99, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p37
Provides information on the Military Channel cable network launched by Vietnam veterans in the United States. Stars seen in the network; Potential viewers of the network; Kind of shows broadcast on the network.
- Scannell acts as corporate juggler. Grego, Melissa // Daily Variety;11/28/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 60, pA8
Reports on the promotions for the re-branding of the cable network TNN in United States. Invitation for viewers to contribute point-of-views about the network; Details of the 'Undertaker' promotion; Slogan.
- Will NUE ever be on TV? McAdams, Deborah D. // Broadcasting & Cable;01/15/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 3, p104
Reports the difficulties faced by New Urban Entertainment (NUE), a black general entertainment network, in the United States. Scarcity of funds; Expression of acquisition interest by Sony Corp., Time Warner Inc. and NBC Inc.; Reduction of company production.
- On air: Oxygen launches. Bernstein, Paula // Daily Variety;02/02/2000, Vol. 266 Issue 44, p1
Reports on the launching of Geraldine Laybourne's women-oriented cable network Oxygen on February 2, 2000. Number of possible households in the United States that can tune in to the network; Advertisers; Focus on the convergence between television and the Internet.
- High-flying low-brow TV. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;9/6/93, Vol. 3 Issue 36, p9
Features the cable television network USA Network. United States Open-related revenues for 1993; Network as low-brow in primetime programming; Entry into the original movie business in 1988; `USA World Premiere Movies' segment; Airing of films from corporate parents, Paramount and MCA;...
- USA Networks spending money to grow. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;01/18/99, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p3
Reports on USA Networks' plan to accelerate spending on original programs for cable, the CityVision transformation of its television stations and Internet-related businesses in 1999. Company's decision to use its free cash flow from core businesses to expand its operations; Estimated amount the...
- HYBRID NEWSIE ISN'T CHOOSY. Bernstein, Paula // Variety;10/30/2000, Vol. 380 Issue 11, p17
Discusses the need for MSNBC company to define its focus in television news broadcasting in the United States. Original concept of MSNBC; Details on the agreement between NBC corporate parent General Electric company and Microsoft Corp. regarding the operations and management of MSNBC;...
- Women's Space Opens up. Consoli, John // Broadcasting & Cable;5/2/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 18, p10
The article focuses on the condition of the female-focused cable television networks in the U.S.