Rove: No Republican front-runner
- Karl Rove Raises Questions About Sarah Palin. Gandelman, Joe // Moderate Voice;10/27/2010, p7
The article reports that Karl Rove, the former senior adviser to President George W. Bush, doubts politician's Sarah Palin's viability as a presidential candidate in the U.S. It states that Rove believes that it is unlikely that voters may choose someone who starred in a reality television show...
- An election without scapegoats? Crain, Chris // Outlook Weekly;3/13/2008, Vol. 12 Issue 37, p8
The author reflects on whether the U.S. will get an election focused on the issues and the candidates. According to U.S. Senator Barack Obama, it is easy for politicians to turn people against each other, and to use immigrants or gay people as scapegoats for what they do. The author recalls the...
- Karl Rove. Carville, James // Time;4/18/2005, Vol. 165 Issue 16, p113
Profiles U.S. President George W. Bush's 2004 campaign manager and political strategist, Karl Rove. Unlikely achievement of helping Bush win a second term in office, leading some to view Rove as the pre-eminent political strategist in the U.S.; Observation that Bush could not have won...
- The boy genius behind Bush. Stephen, Andrew // New Statesman;11/15/2004, Vol. 133 Issue 4714, p15
Profiles Karl Rove, Senior Advisor to U.S. President George W. Bush. Rove's influence on Bush's political career, campaign strategy, and 2004 reelection; Significance of moral values to voter decisions and election outcome in the 2004 U.S. Presidential election; Role of Rove and other Republican...
- THE CONFIDENCE TO PLAY PEEK-A-BOO. Bedard, Paul; Marek, Angie C.; Barnes, Julian E.; Parker, Suzi; Whitelaw, Kevin; Levine, Samantha // U.S. News & World Report;9/20/2004, Vol. 137 Issue 9, p4
Focuses on indications that U.S. President George W. Bush is confident in his re-election in November. Conversations Karl Rove had with reporters.
- George W. Bush's Ground War. Birnbaum, Jeffrey H. // Fortune;12/20/1999, Vol. 140 Issue 12, p68
Focuses on Karl Rove, George W. Bush's chief political strategist for the United States presidential campaign of 2000. His plans for Bush's campaign strategy; Career highlights and information.
- THE ARCHITECT'S FINEST MOMENT. K. T. W. // U.S. News & World Report;11/15/2004, Vol. 137 Issue 17, p40
Profiles White House political strategist Karl Rove. Mr. Rove's belief that President Bush can be a transformational leader who can make the Republican Party an enduring majority in the U.S.; Appeal of Rove's willingness to take decisive action, as he did on Election Day when staffers grew...
- Hey--Who's That Guy Next to Karl Rove? Carney, James; Duffy, Michael // Time;8/23/1999, Vol. 154 Issue 8, p34
Discusses the efforts of political consultant Karl Rove, as of August 23, 1999. His love for history and how it helps him develop strategies; Work with George W. Bush, who recently won the Iowa straw poll; Votes of Steve Forbes and Elizabeth Dole at the straw poll; Bush's aids that have been...
- 'Ready for Prime Time?' FINEMAN, HOWARD // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);02/14/2000 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 135 Issue 7, p43
Focuses on Karl Rove, campaign consultant for United States presidential candidate George W. Bush. The strength of his 25-year friendship with Bush; Republican criticism of the Texas-based campaign team; Rove's preparations to run a Bush for president campaign.