GM's third-shift addition creates 750 jobs at plant
- Investments in engine plants include Spring Hill. // Nashville Automotive Report;Jul2011, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p3
The article reports on the plan of General Motors Corp. to invest 65 million dollars in two automobile factories and create or retain 163 jobs at the sites.
- MICHIGAN: Orion Picked for GM Plant. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/8/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33145, p9
The article reports on the announcement from automaker company General Motors Corp. that it will set up its assembly plant in Orion Township, Michigan to build its future small-car model. It states that the company will invest $700 million in the facilities and will restor about 1,400 jobs. It...
- GM to Invest $190 Million, Add 600 Jobs at Lansing Grand River. Larkin, John // Automotive Industries;Nov2010, Vol. 190 Issue 11, p78
The article reports on an announcement by General Motors Corp. regarding a 190 million dollars investment in its Lansing Grand River assembly plant. It is stated that and more than 7,900 jobs has been created following the announcement with the total of new U.S. investment to more than 3.1...
- Setback in Mexicantown. Sherefkin, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;8/21/95, Vol. 11 Issue 34, p1
Reports on the inability of Hispanic entrepreneurs to obtain financing for a former General Motors facility in Mexicantown, Detroit, Michigan. Amount of taxes and number of jobs the Hispanic Manufacturing Center would have generated; Difficulty with the loan terms of Comerica Inc.; Relocation of...
- Flexibility the focus in Oshawa. Keebler, Jack // Automotive News;2/21/1994, Vol. 68 Issue 5539, p6
Reports on the program of Chevrolet and General Motors in their plant in Oshawa, Ontario on manufacturing improvements to reestablish themselves in the North American market for large car segment. Roll out of Monte Carlo automobile with limited color choices to ensure quality; Objectives of the...
- Wrinkle free? Gardner, Greg // Ward's Auto World;Jan97, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p65
Describes operations at General Motors Corp.'s Fairfax, Kansas automobile factory. Launch of the 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix automobile; Lost days of production; Flexible body shop; Integrated stamping plant; Push to minimize wasted motion.
- GM agrees to pay North Tarrytown taxes until 1997. Jordan, John // Westchester County Business Journal;10/4/93, Vol. 32 Issue 40, p1
Reports on the deal by the village of North Tarrytown with General Motors Corp. (GMC), ensuring GMC's environmental cleanup of the assembly plant and the continued payment of taxes at the current rate until 1997. Sale of the property to the village if General Motors is unable to find a buyer;...
- Last call in North Tarrytown. Khasru, B.Z. // Westchester County Business Journal;7/08/96, Vol. 35 Issue 28, p7
Reports on the closure of the automobile assembly plant of General Motors Corp. (GM) in North Tarrytown, New York. Reaction of GM workers; Founding history; Effect of closure on business enterprises; Relocation, retirement or layoff of employees.
- My Thai. // Automotive Industries;Jun96, Vol. 176 Issue 6, p15
Reports on General Motors (GM) Corp.'s selection of Thailand as its $700 million car manufacturing center in the Rayong development zone on Thailand's eastern seaboard. Planned initial capacity of GM's car plant.