Government to implement positive action provisions
- Equality Act 2010 dual discrimination provisions still under consideration. // Employers Law;Mar2011, p4
This article reports on the delay in the implementation of the Equality Act in Great Britain brought about by the law's dual discrimination provisions.
- employment law timetable. // Employers Law;Jul/Aug2011, p4
The article presents a schedule of release of several employment laws in Great Britain including bribery offences, equal treatment for agency workers, and increase in national minimum wage to 6.08 British pounds per hour.
- Equality and discrimination. // British Baker;2/25/2011, Vol. 3 Issue 4, Special section p2
The article focuses on the Equality Act of 2010 which identifies nine characteristics in which employees are protected against direct and indirect discrimination in England, Scotland, and Wales.
- Equality Act will hit firms. // Food Manufacture;Nov2010, Vol. 85 Issue 11, p5
The article reports on the possible implications of the new Equality Act, which was enforced in October 2010 for employers and their employees in Great Britain.
- April brings raft of new employment law. // Employers Law;Apr2011, p5
The article presents employment laws that would be implemented in April 2011 in Great Britain and will have major implications for employers including the abolishment of the default retirement age, the statutory maternity and paternity and adoption pay increase, and the Equality Act's positive...
- Valuing diversity. // Employers Law;Apr2011, p16
The article presents questions and answers related to the positive action in recruitment and promotion provisions in the British Equality Act 2010 including when positive action provisions will come into force, in what circumstances such provisions apply, and the main risk for an employer that...
- Our Equality Bill is a positive move for employers. Follett, Barbara // Personnel Today;7/8/2008, p16
The article presents the author's comments on the Equality Bill, which strives to promote equality in employment in Great Britain. She says that the Bill will create a step change in opportunities in Britain. She states that the bill will allow people to recruit underrepresented groups into...
- Help or hindrance�. Moir, Stephen // People Management;2/26/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p15
The author reflects on the effectiveness of equality legislation in Great Britain. He questions whether the legislation undermine implementation of good diversity practice. He mentions that some people think that the lack of legislation would make businesses reluctant in making adjustments for...
- New laws to benefit agency workers. // Contract Journal;5/21/2008, Vol. 443 Issue 6676, p12
The article reports that the agency workers will now enjoy increased employment rights under the new legislation put forward by British Prime Minister Gordon Brown. It mentions that the government has so far blocked a draft European Directive giving equal rights to agency workers. The...