Water Currents and Water Budget in a Coastal Megastructure, Palm Jumeirah Lagoon, Dubai, UAE
- Suspended Sediment Transport in the Coastal Area of Jinhae Bay--Nakdong Estuary, Korea Strait. Hee J. Lee; Ya P. Wang; Yong S. Chu; Hyung R. Jo // Journal of Coastal Research;Sep2006, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p1062
Hydrodynamic measurements and analysis of suspended sediments were conducted in the coastal area to reveal the source and dispersal processes of muds accumulating in Jinhae Bay, one of the largest bays in the Korea Strait. A number of hydrographic stations in the bay were occupied in order to...
- Interpolation of Tidal Levels in the Coastal Zone for the Creation of a Hydrographic Datum. Turner, J. F.; Iliffe, J. C.; Ziebart, M. K.; Wilson, C.; Horsburgh, K. J. // Journal of Atmospheric & Oceanic Technology;Mar2010, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p605
As part of the U.K. Hydrographic Office (UKHO)-sponsored Vertical Offshore Reference Frames (VORF) project, a high-resolution model of lowest astronomical tide (LAT) with respect to mean sea level has been developed for U.K.â€“Irish waters. In offshore areas the model relies on data from...
- Shallow-Water Survey Efficiency Using Swath Bathymetry. Hegg, Frederick; Tidd, Rick // Sea Technology;Jun2008, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p27
The article focuses on the significance of wide swath bathymetry systems for shallow-water survey. It states that the performance of wide swath bathymetry systems can be affected by tidal conditions and sea state. It highlights on the performance of the C3D lightweight pole mount (LPM) of...
- Not just another roadside attraction. Steffens, Ron // National Parks;Jan/Feb93, Vol. 67 Issue 1/2, p26
Discusses how growing towns near national parks are learning ways to avoid the tourist-trap syndrome. Communities with this problem like Jackson, Wyoming and Gatlinburg, Tennessee; How all of these communities have distinct picture of what they don't want to become; Land-use planning and...
- City oasis. Jensen, Alison // Australian House & Garden;May95, Vol. 93 Issue 6, p61
Reports the aspirations of the world's first eco-city being planned for Adelaide, Australia. Details of `EcoCity' planned by the Halifax EcoCity Project.
- Long Beach Breakwater Reconfiguration Study Plan Halted. Hill, Taylor // Log Newspaper;6/10/2011, Issue 896, p5
The article reports on the postponement of the planned reconfiguration study for the Long Beach, California breakwater due to the absence of budget which resulted from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers budget cuts.
- GijÃ³n Visit In April -- View the Mega Project. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Mar2010, p2
The article reports that the Central Dredging Association (CEDA) plans a technical visit to the El Musel project at the Port of GijÃ³n in Spain on April 27, 2010.
- Minister betrays Victorian Coastal Strategy. Clinton, Megan // Wild: Australia's Wilderness Adventure Magazine;Oct-Dec2009, Issue 114, p56
The article reports on approval given by Justin Madden, Victorian Minister for Planning, to the Bastion Point breakwater and headland development in Mallacoota, Victoria.
- Sustainability and environmental assessment. Simpson, Barry // Geography;Jul96, Vol. 81 Issue 352, p205
Focuses on the increasing prominence of scientific studies on environmental pollution in the professional world. Demands on the decision-making process in town planning; Conflicts of interest between conservation and commercial development.