Nature Plus Nurture: Do Teenage Activities Predict Entrepreneurial Success?
- Influencing Entrepreneurial Intent for New Technology Intrapreneurs and Entrepreneurs in a University Environment. // USASBE Conference Proceedings;2010, p1019
This study describes an intercollegiate entrepreneurial experience for business and engineering students. A model for Accelerating Collegiate Entrepreneurship (ACE) is proposed, linking theories of technology entrepreneurship creation with linkages to pedagogical inputs. A survey instrument...
- THE 2003 TEENPRENEUR RESOURCE GUIDE. // Black Enterprise;Jun2003, Vol. 33 Issue 11, 'Special section' p10
Presents the 2003 resource guide of teenager entrepreneurs. 'Black Enterprise's' Teenpreneur/Kidpreneur Conference; Business United Investing, Lending and Development; Children's Entrepreneurial Opportunities Academy Inc.
- Unhealthy Competition? Lundsten, Apryl // Girls' Life;Oct/Nov2010, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p80
The article discusses the unhealthy competition between teenage girls in the U.S. It states that it has been always harder for the girls to rise on the top due to the compassionate and nurturing messages of girls and the pressure to be competitive in academics and athletics. It also mentions...
- Revisiting Understanding Entrepreneurs Using the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator. // USASBE Conference Proceedings;2014, p1
The article discusses a research study on the use of Myers-Briggs Type indicator to assess the personality and behavior of entrepreneurs. Topics mentioned include the key dimensions of different personality types, difference between entrepreneurs and managers, and key possible scales that assess...
- Selecting a Good-Fit Business. Huff, Priscilla Y. // Home Business Magazine: The Home-Based Entrepreneur's Magazine;Mar/Apr2007, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p36
The article presents suggestions on how to find a home-based business that is compatible with one's personal preferences, talents, skills, experiences, and interest. This suggestion came in form of advice on what to look for in a business including training and support provided, market demand...
- The Development Of Young Entrepreneurs' Global Propensity Index. Zain, Zahariah Mohd; Mustapha, Nurol Ain // GSTF Business Review;Oct2012, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p180
The main purpose of this study is to identify the entrepreneurial spirits among Bumiputera youth in Malaysia. The researchers intend to develop an index measuring Bumiputera youth's intention to become born-global. The index is known as Young Entrepreneurs Global Propensity Index or YES@GPI....
- Start a Biz, Be a Boss! Ezarik, Melissa M. // Career World;Nov/Dec2003, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p8
Focuses on starting a business at an early age. Factors that motivate teenagers to engage into business; Advantages of business ownership; Characteristics that a successful business owner should possess; Tips on how to start a business.
- When hot shots call the shots. Collins, Clayton // Christian Science Monitor;7/26/99, Vol. 91 Issue 167, p11
Focuses on teenager entrepreneurship. Use of the Internet for business purposes; How a class of technology-enriched teenagers could add another layer to an already-stratified adolescent society; What the rise of this class of teenagers with Internet skills means for working force trying to...
- WEBSITES. Kimble-Ellis, Sonya // Black Enterprise;Dec2003, Vol. 34 Issue 5, 'Special section' p8
Presents several web sites for teenage entrepreneurs. TeachingKidsBusiness.com; Teenstartups.com; Youngbiz.com.