Leadership and "Emotional-Rational" Coherence: A Start?Editor's Introduction
- Proponents claim measure of leaders matter of emotion. Webb, Jennifer A. // Crain's Cleveland Business;12/10/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 50, p18
Reports the importance of developing the emotional intelligence of leaders. Determination of leadership quality of managers; Duration of high level of emotional intelligence; Management of emotions.
- EDITORIAL. Carter, Debbie // Training Journal;Aug2009, p4
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Larry Reynolds who calls for more authentic leadership, and Sue Slocombe who suggests that using emotional intelligence could improve leaders' performance.
- Lessons Learned for Future Leaders. Collins, Brian // Journal of Environmental Health;Jan/Feb2013, Vol. 75 Issue 6, p4
The author reflects on the importance of leadership in the environmental health profession. In the article the author discusses his own experience of practicing leadership in the environmental health profession and offers his opinions on the factors, including promoting a vision, having honesty...
- The emotionally intelligent renal manager: what are the benefits? Ellis, Peter; Abbott, Jane // Journal of Renal Nursing;Jul2013, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p206
Employing emotional intelligence techniques in the renal unit can have several benefits for team morale, dispute resolution and the working environment. In this article, Peter Ellis defines emotionalintelligence and its many elements, debates whether or not it can be learnt and offers some...
- How to Get Lost. Muehrcke, Jill // Nonprofit World;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p2
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Jeanne Anne Craig on the twelve heuristics that will rise one's emotional quotient (EQ), and another by Jay Bogt on a half-day process that one can use to generate shared insights.
- Follow my leader. Whiteley, Philip // People Management;4/17/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p48
Discusses the importance of emotional intelligence and inspirational leadership in a business. Characteristics necessary for success; Importance of self-awareness; Reason effective leaders are committed to ongoing development.
- The effects of leader and follower emotional intelligence on performance and attitude: An exploratory study. Chi-Sum Wong; Law, Kenneth S. // Leadership Quarterly;Jun2002, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p243
Develops a psychometrically sound and practically short emotional intelligence (EI) measure that can be used in leadership and management studies. Exploratory evidence for the effects of the EI of both leaders and followers on job outcomes; Proposal that the emotional labor of the job moderates...
- BORN TO LEAD. Bruce, Robert // Accountancy;May2002, Vol. 129 Issue 1305, p41
Focuses on leadership. Eras of leadership; Elements of emotional intelligence; Importance of leadership skills in organizational management.
- Is Emotional Intelligence a Good Measure of Leadership Ability? Bradberry, Travis; Antonakis, John // HR Magazine;Nov2015, Vol. 60 Issue 9, p22
The article provides answers to a question of whether emotional intelligence is a good measure of leadership ability.