CBP Air and Marine Office Issues RFP for Systems Support
- Tech Developments. Biesecker, Calvin // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;2/1/2012, p5
This section offers news briefs concerning technological developments related to counterterrorism equipment, as of February 2012. The CT-800 explosives detection system (EDS) of Science Applications International Corp. passed the European detection standards for liquids. The fourth P-3 Orion...
- Science Applications International Corp. [SAI]: CBP Seeks Post Warranty Maintenance Support for Detection Systems. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;3/2/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p13
The article reports on the effort by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to seek contractor services to provide maintenance and technology support for post-warranty radiation isotope identification devices (RIIDs), radiation portal monitors (RPMs), and various other non-intrusive...
- Tech Developments. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;2/14/2012, p5
This section presents news briefs on the market for terror response technology as of February 14, 2012. The U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) has launched an AM radio broadcast pilot project at two land ports of entry in Texas. An update of the ActivID Card Management System from HID...
- Business Opportunities. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;2/14/2012, p7
This section provides news briefs on the U.S. market for terror response technology as of February 14, 2012. The Domestic Nuclear Detection Office (DNDO) has released information on the draft operational requirements and concept of operations of a Human Portable Tripwire (HPT) device. A broad...
- CBP Issues RFI for Large-Scale NII Systems. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;11/23/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 24, p18
The article reports that a Request for Information (RFI) has been issued by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to generate feedback from industry on a draft Statement of Work (SOW) in support of the large-scale non-intrusive inspection (NII) systems of the agency.
- Between a Rock and Respect for Life at the Border. // La Prensa San Diego;6/11/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 23, p2
The article reports on the call of the Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights of Los Angeles for investigation on the death of migrants Anastacio Hernandez-Rojas and Sergio Adrian Hernandez Huereca in the border region involving the U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents.
- Counterfeit shoes put students in Honduras on better footing. Hayes, Sarah // Our Sunday Visitor;7/5/2009, Vol. 98 Issue 10, p6
The article reports that the counterfeit shoes seized by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and the Immigration and Customs Enforcement were given students in a charity program.
- Flight Into the Weird. Dorr, Bill // Transworld Skateboarding;Feb2000, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p190
Describes the experience of a skateboarder on how the United States States Customs at the Los Angeles Airport in California inspected his personal belongings and travel documents. Reasons for going to Amsterdam and other countries; Views on the experience.
- EXPEDITING AIRPORT SECURITY. // Travel & Leisure;Nov2011, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p152
The article offers information on the Global Entry program of the U.S. government wherein travelers will be able to use self-service kiosks to avoid queues for five years and the Canadian hubs added by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection in addition to the 20 U.S. airports with kiosks .