CBP Outlines Needs for New Video Surveillance Towers on Border
- CBP Issues RFI for Mobile Video Surveillance System. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;1/4/2012, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p23
The article reports that a Request for Information has been issued by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) for existing commercial mobile video surveillance systems (MVSS).
- No more paper-based arrival/departure record (Form I-94). GURFINKEL, MICHAEL J. // Filipino Reporter;4/26/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 21, p18
The article reports on the policy issued by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) that it will no longer require non-immigrant travelers to fill out a paper form I-94 upon arrival in the U.S. effective April 30, 2013. A new automated system will be implemented by the CBP. The agency hopes...
- Accreditation and Approval of Thionville Surveying Company, Inc., as a Commercial Gauger and Laboratory. Reese, Ira S. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;3/6/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 44, p13348
The article presents information on a notice issued by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection regarding approval to Thionville Surveying Co. Inc. for testing petroleum, petroleum products, organic chemicals and vegetables.
- CBP Seeks Proposals For Mobile Video Surveillance System. // Defense Daily;5/2/2103, Vol. 258 Issue 25, p7
The article reports on the Request for Proposals from small businesses released by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) for the Mobile Video Surveillance System (MVSS) in 2013.
- High-Tech Goes Personal: Identity Management. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Oct2013, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p56
The article discusses the expansion of the identity and access infrastructure in the U.S. that includes an integrated security system with federal-mandated personal identity verification at the Department of Homeland Security Customs and Border Protection (CBP). It highlights the features of the...
- GD Completes Initial Video Surveillance System Deployment For CBP. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;10/15/2015, p7
The article reports on completion of initial field deployment and test of Remote Video Surveillance System (RVSS) upgrade by defense firm General Dynamics (GD) for Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and mentions the placement of communication towers along the coastlines for U.S. Coast Guards.
- Customs office to move. Smith, Jennette // Crain's Detroit Business;2/12/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p2
The article offers information on the release of 22000 square feet at the 211 W. Fort building in downtown Detroit, Michigan by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection. Part of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, customs is moving employees there in August from the 613 Abbott St. building...
- SUPPLY CHAIN SECURITY: CBP Has Made Progress in Assisting the Trade Industry in Implementing the New Importer Security Filing Requirements, but Some Challenges Remain. Caldwell, Stephen L. // GAO Reports;10/12/2010, preceding p1
The article presents a study on supply chain security conducted by the Government Accountability Office in the U.S. It notes on the implementation of the new Importer Security Filing (ISF) requirements to address security concerns on cargo containers with smuggled contrabands which may include...
- Federal User Fees: GAO-08-321. // GAO Reports;3/24/2008, p1
America's port infrastructure is vital to U.S. foreign trade and a bulwark for national security. One way the federal government funds port-related programs is to levy user fees. GAO was asked to examine (1) what is known about the way selected fees assessed on air and sea port users are set,...