Northrop Grumman [NOC]: Identity Solutions' [ID]: 3M Corp.'s [MMM]: New Biometrics Head Working To "Institutionalize" Long-Term Efforts
- Information Sharing, Interoperability with Biometric Databases Improving, Officials Say. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;3/2/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p4
The article reports on the continued improvement in information sharing and interoperability between several U.S. government agencies in the area of biometric databases. Dr. Thomas Killion of the Army's Biometrics Identity Management Agency (BIMA) cited the growing area of data sharing with...
- Impervious Force Protection for the Future. Merklinghaus, Dennis-Peter // NATO's Nations & Partners for Peace;2007, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p72
The article presents the highlights of the Force Protection Equipment Demonstration (FPED) VI at the Stafford Regional Airport from August 14 to 16 2007. The author shares that the FPED VI, conducted by the U.S. Army Product Manager, Force Protection Systems, featured various equipment including...
- Army Issues RFIs for Non-Cooperative Biometric Development. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;10/27/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 22, p17
The article reports on the issuance of two separate Requests for Information (RFI) related to biometrics by the U.S. Army Communications-Electronic Research, Development and Engineering Center, Intelligence and Information Warfare Directorate.
- BIMA Issues RFI for Synthetic Biometric Modalities. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;1/4/2012, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p21
The article reports that a Request for Information (RFI) has been issued by the U.S. Army Biometrics Identity Management Agency (BIMA) for the development of synthetic biometric modalities.
- DoD Seeks Info on Various Biometric Capabilities. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;6/23/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 13, p21
The article reports that the U.S. Army's Research, Development and Engineering Command, on behalf of several agencies such as the Biometrics Identity Management Agency, is soliciting white papers on the development and demonstration of biometric functionality across four focus areas.
- Never mind quality, get in technology. Lee, Andrew // Engineer (00137758);6/13/2003, Vol. 292 Issue 7629, p5
Focuses on an article about biometric security systems featured in the June 13, 2003 issue of 'The Engineer' magazine. Iris voice or fingerprint scanning to confirm a person's identity; Possible application of the technology in voting.
- Security habits. Pierce, Julia // Engineer (00137758);6/13/2003, Vol. 292 Issue 7629, p16
Reports on the development of a security system that combines physical identification with predictions of a person's behavior aimed at improving the reliability of biometric analysis in Great Britain. Use of biometrics as a means of increasing security at airports and decrease criminal...
- A Practical Guide to Biometric Security Technology. Liu, Simon; Silverman, Mark // IT Professional;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p27
Presents a practical guide to biometric security technology. Types of authentication used in the security field; Diagram describing the process involved in using a biometric system for security.
- Professional Development. // Special Education Technology Practice;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p31
The article provides an answer to a question about biometric security.