PubEasySchool Aims to Automate School Materials Order Process
- Halpin Named Bowker/Publishing Group Head. // Publishers Weekly;12/21/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 51, p14
Focuses on the appointment of Charles Halpin as senior vice president in charge of R.R. Bowker and Cahners book publishing group. Background information on Halpin.
- Self publishing's strong growth continues. // Research Information;Dec2014/Jan2015, Issue 75, p12
The article reports that the self-published titles have increased by 17 per cent over 2012 and some 437 per cent over 2008, according to an analysis of U.S. international standard book numbers (ISBN) data from Bowker, an affiliate of publishing company ProQuest.
- On-Demand Printing Drove Title Output in '08. // Publishers Weekly;5/25/2009, Vol. 256 Issue 21, p16
The article focuses on book production statistics reported by Bowker which reveal the accessibility of book publishing to authors and independent publishers in the U.S. It showed that the number of traditional titles declined by 3% in 2008, while on-demand, short run and unclassified titled rose...
- Dying to quote. Larocque, Paula // Quill;Aug2009, Vol. 97 Issue 6, p29
The article looks at the way quotations are published in print journalism in the U.S. It emphasizes the need for the printed media to make a reform on the manner they handle quotations. The author suggests a way to present a quotation from a study on the performance of both charter schools and...
- Book marketing's next chapter. FLAMM, MATTHEW // Crain's New York Business;4/15/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 15, p6
The article reports that book publishers will host a 36-hour Publishing Hackaton in New York that aims to inspire programmers, designers and entrepreneurs to develop an app, widget or website that will solve the riddle of how to expose potential book buyers to title they did not know they wanted.
- Directory of Syndicates. // Editor & Publisher;Jul2010, Vol. 143 Issue 7, p40
A directory of syndicates related to the publishing sector in the U.S. is presented.
- Publisher Directory. // Multicultural Review;Fall2008, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p91
A directory for publishing companies in the U.S. is presented including Beacon Press, Gotham Books, and Random House.
- PUBLICATIONS. // Franchising World;Oct2008, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p152
A directory of publishing companies in the U.S. is presented.
- Tracking Techies. Dysart, Joe // ABA Journal;Apr2012, Vol. 98 Issue 4, p34
The article presents information on the America's technology friendly lawyers who use modern technology in majority of their legal profession. The need of the U.S. law schools to involve courses related to teaching students to effectively utilize phones, video-chats and emails through new...