Smaller Deals Keep M&A Activity Moving in 2009
- Acquisitions & Partnerships ï¿½. // Educational Marketer;7/7/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 14, p8
The article reports on the success of Jones and Bartlett Publishers Inc. to complete its acquisition of a medical publisher Tarascon Publishing in Redlands, California,
- Jones and Bartlett Looks for Significant Growth. // Educational Marketer;5/12/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p1
The article reports on the growth strategy of college publisher Jones and Bartlett Publishers Inc. in Sudbury, Massachusetts. It states that the publisher considered acquisition as strategy to flourish its business. According to Clayton Jones, chief executive officer (CEO) of Jones and Bartlett,...
- Jones and Bartlett Buys Aspen Health Unit. // Publishers Weekly;11/18/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 46, p14
Announces that Jones and Bartlett Publishers acquired the health-care book-publishing division of Aspen Publishers in 2002. Number of textbooks and professional books added to Jones; Significance of the sale of the heal-care unit for Aspen.
- Jones&Bartlett Adds Health Titles to its List. // Educational Marketer;11/11/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 32, p7
Reports on Sudbury, Massachusetts-based Jones & Barlett's acquisition of the Health Care Book Publishing division of Aspen Publishers.
- Partnerships & Acquisitions. // Educational Marketer;10/7/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 28, p7
Reports on mergers of U.S. educational publishing companies as of October 7, 2002.
- Q1 Merger & Acquisition Activity Is Higher in Volume and Value in 2006 Than in 2005. // Educational Marketer;4/10/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p1
The article reports on the increase in merger and acquisition activities in the educational publishing sector in the first quarter of 2006 in the U.S. The number of acquisitions tracked totaled to 11. Experts expect that the trend will continue. The test preparation division experienced a...
- Partnerships & Acquisitionsï¿½. // Educational Marketer;1/21/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p8
The article offers news briefs related to partnerships in the U.S. such as the acquisition of Physicians' Press by Jones and Bartlett Publishers Inc. and the agreement to acquire NTI Group by Blackboard.
- Short-Runs Warm to Soft Proofing. McClure, Marji // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Oct2004, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p18
Discusses the benefits of soft proofing process as observed in several cases including the case of Elizabeth Platt, the special projects editor for Jones and Bartlett Publishers. Money saved by Jones and Bartlett Publishers in using soft proofing; Advantages of soft proofing as claimed by Paul...
- In 2005, Merger & Acquisition Activity Expected To Continue At The Moderate Pace Of 2004. // Educational Marketer;1/10/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p1
The article reports about the expected developments related to merger and acquisition activity in the educational publishing industry in the year 2005. According to industry experts, the merger and acquisition activity in the educational market is not expected to be robust in 2005, and the major...