Borrowers Can't Seem to Connect with Foreclosure Prevention
- Mortgage Refi Applications Hit 13-Month High in May. Yong Lim // Bond Buyer;7/8/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33346, p2
The article reports that the refinance share of mortgage activity in the U.S. has increased from 76.8% to 78.7% of all applications on a seasonally adjusted basis for the week ended July 2, 2010.
- Posters: Will the HARP Program Changes Make a Difference? // National Mortgage News;10/31/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p10
The article offers a conversation between blog posters on how the changes in the U.S. Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP) guidelines can benefit a borrower and homeowners.
- Loan Income Dips as Refis Spike in 4Q. Collins, Brian // American Banker;4/20/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 61, p16
Brief information is given from the Mortgage Bankers Association's report about U.S. mortgage refinancings and loan production in the third- and fourth-quarters of 2010.
- Mortgage Apps Fall, But Refis Soar. Muolo, Paul // American Banker;1/5/2012, Vol. 177 Issue 3, p2
No abstract available.
- Harp Refis Gaining Popularity. Collins, Brian // American Banker;7/24/2012, Vol. 177 Issue 113, p4
The article notes loan-to-value (LTV) ratios for refinanced government-sponsored enterprise mortgages compiled from the U.S. Home Affordable Refinance Program (Harp) and also notes loans with LTVs above 125 percent could not be refinanced until 2012 when the Harp program was expanded.
- Refinancing Over, MBA Economist Says. Sichelman, Lew // American Banker;5/4/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 69, p10
Brief information is given about the outlook for refinancing, the U.S. mortgage business, and loan rates.
- The Real Estate Market Shows Significant Signs of Optimism. // Echelon Intel;4/23/2009, p6
The article reports on the signs of recovery of the real estate industry in the U.S. as of April 2009. It is noted that buyers will now find housing prices attractive. Banks are said to have been starting to provide loans for mortgage and mortgage refinances. Monetary incentives are being...
- FINDING OPPORTUNITY ZONES. Hedlund, Dennis // Mortgage Banking;Jun2008, Vol. 68 Issue 9, p48
The article discusses the iEmergent 2008 U.S. mortgage loan forecast which projects a $856.2 billion or 4.8 million loans of owner-occupied purchase volume and $101.7 billion or 0.65 million loans of non-owner-occupied purchase volume. It says that the forecast calls for a total purchase volume...
- FHA May Be Flexible on Seller Concessions. Sichelman, Lew // National Mortgage News;9/20/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 50, p2
The article reports on the proposal by the U.S. Federal Housing Administration (FHA) to reduce the maximum share of a buyer's closing costs.